cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IM Screen Names

trgtrg2020
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Profile > MySettings - IM Screen Names.

Are IM Screen Names Private or Public and what is it for? Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12

@computergeek541 wrote:

@trgtrg2020 wrote:

I just looked at this setting and entering something for a IM screen name. It doesn't show in my public profile or private statistics, at least not anywhere that I could.  I woud ignore this setting. The first 4 services (ICQ, AIM, MSN/Windows Live Messager, and Yahoo Messener) no longer exist.

Out-dated feature - I would say!

Maybe PM can add this to the list of clean-ups on their website. 🙂

@computergeek541 wrote:I just looked at this setting and entering something for a IM screen name. It doesn't show in my public profile or private statistics, at least not anywhere that I could.  I woud ignore this setting. The first 4 services (ICQ, AIM, MSN/Windows Live Messager, and Yahoo Messener) no longer exist.

@computergeek541 When set up to work properly, these (on other sites) used to show up either as a "signature" on your posts and/or in your profile. Definitely old tech.

@trgtrg2020 wrote:

I just looked at this setting and entering something for a IM screen name. It doesn't show in my public profile or private statistics, at least not anywhere that I could.  I woud ignore this setting. The first 4 services (ICQ, AIM, MSN/Windows Live Messager, and Yahoo Messener) no longer exist.

trgtrg2020
@esjliv Thanks for the kind words!

@trgtrg2020 wrote:

@kb_mv 

Yeah the only one I was curious about was Skype. That's the only one I have out of the entire list lol.

@trgtrg2020 Shows how outdated this is.

trgtrg2020

@kb_mv 

Yeah the only one I was curious about was Skype. That's the only one I have out of the entire list lol.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@trgtrg2020 wrote:

@trgtrg2020 I have seen this on another forum I participate in. It allows you to add your "screen names" for ICQ, AIM etc so someone could contact you that way. Some people are reading this asking what the heck is ICQ and AIM? lol

Untitled.png

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@trgtrg2020 wrote:

Funny....has anyone ever asked this question? It is a good question!

Maybe it is an outdated feature?...hopefully, someone can chime in and what these exactly do or what they did in the past.

esjliv_0-1605216430331.png

trgtrg2020

@benfatto

IM Screen Names is probably publicly seen as well do you think?

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@trgtrg2020 Perhaps this? https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110118061604AAcKotk

But as PM has no instant messaging it's likely an unused feature of Khoros. 

trgtrg2020

@dabr  

Thanks

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@trgtrg2020 wrote:

@trgtrg2020   You know what I've never even noticed the IM screen names before and unfortunately have no idea what they're for...however, I'm sure someone in the community will know and respond soon!

Need Help? Let's chat.