cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I prefer to have auto greeting form Public mobile

VALNIKOL
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,i can not delete greetings ( that i made myself ) from my voice box . I prefer to have auto greeting form Public mobile  please call me to my cell to speak with you

my cell xxxxxxxx44

Thanks Val xxxx

Edit: personal information removed  Dunkman

5 REPLIES 5

SFT
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Late to the conversation, but your comment was the best. To go back to the system greeting where the robot lists out your number, you can delete any of your existing name or personal greeting. 4, 4, 3, 3 is what worked for me. Thank you!

@HALIMACS wrote:

@VALNIKOL , here's how you do this.

Dial your voicemail (you should be able to do this by pressing and holding '1') and hit option 4,4, then 3 and you can delete your greeting(name) in that menu and it will go back to the default saying your phone number.

If you delete your personal greeting, the "Default" greeting will use your your recorded name.

If you go further to delete your recorded name as well, the default greeting will just say the phone number.

I know that this won't work for anyone who has already set up the box, but I learned a while ago that if you are setting things up for the first time, recording a blank name and blank greeting will also set things up this same way. The trick is to tell the system to start recoridng, make no sounds and then stop the recording.  Tell it to save the "blank" name and greeting recordings and the next time someone calls you and real your voicemail, that person will hear the generic greeting.  I tried that before and quickly noticed that it didn't play back the blank air to the caller before make a beep sound to indicate that recording of a new message had started.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@VALNIKOL , here's how you do this.

Dial your voicemail (you should be able to do this by pressing and holding '1') and hit option 4,4, then 3 and you can delete your greeting(name) in that menu and it will go back to the default saying your phone number.

If you delete your personal greeting, the "Default" greeting will use your your recorded name.

If you go further to delete your recorded name as well, the default greeting will just say the phone number.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @VALNIKOL 

This is a PUBLIC FORUM where everyone can see what you post.

PLEASE click the 3 small dots on upper right of your message and click edit message and remove all personal information.

[EDIT:   Thanks, @Dunkman , for doing this. ]

Need Help? Let's chat.