cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I ported-in my number to Public Mobile and I can't receive calls for the past 7 days

jaystar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't receive calls.

Public Mobile says the port is complete, but it clearly isn't.

It's like it's half way stuck.

I have rebooted my phone MANY TIMES with at least 10 minutes wait time.

Public Mobile isn't doing much to help.

Please help.

4 REPLIES 4

Mountainmaxman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

did you try to restart your phone? i find that helps after porting over. and was your old number still active and valid at the time you ported it? you didn't cancel it then try to port it did you?

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jaystar wrote:

I can't receive calls.

Please help.

@jaystar ,

Hello, when you say  "Public Mobile says the port is complete, but it clearly isn't." 

does that mean you have contacted them by creating a ticket?

Try using your old providers Simcard into your phone and see if it still works?

If the port is not completed properly, It causes Incoming calls to not come through even though you are able to make calls. 

If you have tried everything and it's still not working, I suggest opening a ticket with the PM MOD TEAM.

Simon.JPGOr HERE

• Type "Moderator" and follow the prompts.
  •  CLICK on the " Account Specific Question " and afterward
  • Click on "No, I want a human and you will see a "Submit a ticket Click me!)
               Type a message and give them the information about your previous provider (acc number).  If the port is stuck make sure your account is still active with the previous provider for the port to be completed.

Usually, they get back to you within  24-48 hours depending on how busy they are.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire
  • If you put the SIM from your old provider in your phone, and you are still able to make/receive calls with it, then the port is not actually complete.
  • If you call your number from another phone and you get the voicemail from your old provider, that's another indicator your port is not yet fully complete.
  • Ports from other wireless providers complete within 30 minutes to 4 hours usually. Ports from land lines or VoIP providers can take upwards of a week. Contact a moderator if it has been longer than that.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@jaystar what is the make and model of your phone?  Try putting the one into aeroplane mode for 5 minutes, taking it off and restarting. Contact a moderator and explain your situation.  Ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one.  (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

@jaystar wrote:

I can't receive calls.

Please help.

Need Help? Let's chat.