cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a larger data plan

Jimmyd9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm very happy with my public mobile service and account. But I need a much larger data package. I do not want to switch carriers, but I don't see any other option as extra data costs $30 per gigabyte. Are there any other options?

3 REPLIES 3

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jimmyd9 

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change.
2. If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to send a private message to moderator. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days. If your next renewal date is 2 - 3 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $30 1GB data or $10 200MB data. Expensive option

Since your current plan does not meet your usage requirement, I suggest to use option to change to a plan which meets your usage.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Jimmyd9 wrote:

I'm very happy with my public mobile service and account. But I need a much larger data package. I do not want to switch carriers, but I don't see any other option as extra data costs $30 per gigabyte. Are there any other options?

@Jimmyd9  What plan are you on now? The plans that Public offers are listed top of this page. What you see is what you get.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

$30 for 1 gig is a data add on.

Best bet for you is to review the plans offered and change your 30 day plan to one that offers more data.

You can change right away but will loose what you paid for your current 30 plan and new plan will be charged and start today.

Or you can pick a new plan and select "change on next renewal" and your new plan will start when your payment is due.

You can do plan change in your self serve account.

Plans can be found on below link.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

Need Help? Let's chat.