cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep getting texts...

shaw146
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Public Mobile here. Sorry, we do not offer text messaging outside of Canada at this time.

Even though I'm not texting outside of Canada.
11 REPLIES 11

@JaK Thanks; didn't occur to me.

I never bother with blacklisting SMS as they always stop in a day or two and I have never checked what the incoming phone number was.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Although you probably don't want to blacklist Public Mobile, as they do send useful texts on occassion! 🙂

@tiktok72 @shaw146 I'm not an Android buff, but I did find these instructions to block incoming texts from particular numbers:

• Open “Messaging“.
  • Press the “Menu” icon located at the upper-right corner.
  • Select “Blacklist“.
  • Set “Blacklist” to “On“, then select the plus (+) to add a person to block.
  • Type the number you wsih to block. ... 
  • If you wish to remove a number from Blacklist, select the number, then choose “Delete“.

Otherwise, think you are stuck just waiting for them to end as I do with my iPhone. Smiley Frustrated

tiktok72
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Nope. It started right after port over to public mobile about 2 months ago. I never had any problem before.

IWIK
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Have an app that might be sending messages on startup? Been downloading strange apps?

tiktok72

Everytime when I reboot my phone, I will get 2 to 4 same messages say that Public mobile do not offer text message outside of canada. And my phone is lg g3.

@tiktok72 If you have an iPhone, this is annoying but normal. Is that your situation? What sort of messages are you receiving?

tiktok72
I always get the message when I reboot my phone. I don't know what's wrong.

tiktok72

@shaw146 If you have an iPhone and just activated or installed an system update, Apple sends messages from outside Canada as it sets up iMessage. As Kalla said it will usually stop within a few days.

Kalla_A
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @shaw146,

This is just a temporary glitch. Have you tried taking out the SIM card and restarting your phone?

If the messages persists for a couple of days, please let me know and I will escalate this.

Cheers 🙂

Kalla

Need Help? Let's chat.