cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have outgoing calls, but not incoming

myderwyk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Cannot receive incoming calls.

It has been approximately 9 hours since activation.

Number was ported over from a previous pay as you go phone.

I have restarted phone several times, as well as reseated SIM card.

Please help in getting the number completely ported over.

Message already sent to moderator.  

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

@popping wrote:

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider. You can continue to use the old provider SIM card until it stops working which is the indication that your number was released to PM.

Although I do not agree with Public doing things this way, incoming text messages from Telus, Koodo, and Public customers will immediately start going to the Public Mobile service. I find that to be security concern, or at the very least, an annoyance for someone who has a number that could have mistakenly been asked to be ported over by someone else.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Danchvn wrote:

@myderwyk Sounds like you did what you should, especially contacting the moderator. Keep an eye on the envelope in the upper right of the page.

@myderwyk 

If you don't want to keep watching your inbox on this community forum, you can enable email notification after receiving a private message at your INBOX.
My settings --> PREFERENCES --> Private Messenger --> enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages' --> Save

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@myderwyk 

FYI

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is couple of hours to couple of days.  https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider. You can continue to use the old provider SIM card until it stops working which is the indication that your number was released to PM.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@myderwyk  was it a cell provider? Then your port is probably stuck and you have to wait for moderator help. If a voip or landline tje port can take up to 7 days. In the meantime put your old providers SIM card back into your phone and use it to receive calls and texts. Once it stops, your port is complete. You can also add the TextNow app and use it over WiFi to make/ receive/ send calls and texts within Canada and to and from the US for free

@myderwyk 

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM EST

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@myderwyk Sounds like you did what you should, especially contacting the moderator. Keep an eye on the envelope in the upper right of the page.

Need Help? Let's chat.