cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got my roommate to sign up to PM. I now see that they are not in my rewards "refer" section. 0

sadlyPM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

why didn't my friend show up as a reward for referring them ?

They have been with PM probably for a about 6 months. Does that mean I lost that 6 months of rewards ? 

Please help ?

19 REPLIES 19

@mimmo 

Are we comparing apples and oranges or just mandarins and tangerines? Or grapefruit? Both issues start with customers not paying attention to their self serve accounts and not reviewing the charges from public mobile on their credit cards. One has been overpaying $80 per month for 20 months and the other $1 for 6 months.

The first is definitely a glitch and who is to say second isn't as well? Both @softech and I noticed a possible glitch with the referral codes not registering on the new activation's accounts despite being entered at activation since late September at least. Who really knows when that started? Maybe since the 2GBBONUS promocode has been in regular use.

CSA's have been known to be very forgiving....it certainly can't hurt to inquire....why should one glitch be fixed and not another?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : Lotsa people pay ridiculous sums for their cell service. I did go on to say that I might overlook these kinds of charges too. If you're spending a lot on a card and many transactions then these things could slip through. But still...3 a month for a year and a half? And then camouflaged amongst the other accounts they have. Sucks. Anyway...off-topic in this thread.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous @darlicious  I saw that thread. But we are comparing apples to oranges for asking pm to do something. 

I can understand 1-2 weeks good will and suggesting contact mods asking for the referral, but 6 months the ship has sailed on that one in my opinion. I believe There is no need to suggest contacting mods in this particular case no matter the stranger things that have happened.

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious : It does kinda lend itself to victim blaming though. How rich do ya gotta be to not notice that you're seeing 3 charges each month for the same vendor on your payment card. But then again...I look closer at the 3 digit charges...so who knows. Charge charge charge PM charge charge charge (10 days later) PM charge charge charge (10 days later) PM charge charge charge. All of course depending on how much activity goes through the card.

Yes, $40/10 days is a "Rich man" plan and also the glitch for 1.5 years is a "Rich man" glitch.. LoL

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@mimmo 

.....and they didn't notice this for nearly 2 years......since April 2020.

@darlicious : It does kinda lend itself to victim blaming though. How rich do ya gotta be to not notice that you're seeing 3 charges each month for the same vendor on your payment card. But then again...I look closer at the 3 digit charges...so who knows. Charge charge charge PM charge charge charge (10 days later) PM charge charge charge (10 days later) PM charge charge charge. All of course depending on how much activity goes through the card.

.. another strange thing reported last night.. someone paying all 3 "child" accounts, but suddenly they are gone from the referral list on the parent accounts .. magically 

@mimmo 

.....and they didn't notice this for nearly 2 years......since April 2020.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mimmo : Where've you been? 🙂 There's a many pages long discussion about some unfortunate customer somehow ending up on a 10 day plan and paying like $120 over the proper 30 days. And no rewards. I would call that a rather strange thing.

mimmo

@darlicious  what stranger things?

@mimmo 

As we have learned on the first day of the year....stranger things have happened.

mimmo

I'm more inclined to say ship has sailed , agents have been known to add referrals 1 maybe 2 weeks after activation. 6 months is kind of a stretch for any amount of good will. But only one way to find out I guess...  But it actually should be your friend contacting pm not you as PM not should not disclose to you any info on to the other persons account and they should definately not add a referral code to someone else's account even if it's missing.

@sadlyPM 

I wouldn't say the ship has sailed but most importantly you need to speak to your friend and see if they recieved the $10 bonus referral credit. Their transaction history goes back 6 months so they may be able to still see their first couple of days with pm to confirm if they recieved it.

There has been a glitch in the last 3 months or so that some referral codes don't register even when they have been entered during activation. If your friend didn't recieve the $10 credit have them open a ticket with customer support to check and have them ask if the CSA will enter it now....mentioning that they were sure they entered it but that you both just heard about this glitch and realized the reward and credit were missing.

Double check your referral code and be careful to note if there are any letters or numbers that can easily be mixed up such as one and "I", zero and "O", two and "Z" or five and "S".

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Was the referral code used while getting the new line by your friend.

Or It is showing in your referrals and no reward were added. 

Any case, contact support agents to get it verified, if the code was applied. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sadlyPM  - I see you just created a Community Account today, so you may never have created a Self Serve account.

You can register for a Self Serve account here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Then look under the My Rewards button to see any rewards details. Click on the arrow pointing to the right, so that it points down, any referees will be listed there.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sadlyPM wrote:

why didn't my friend show up as a reward for referring them ?

They have been with PM probably for a about 6 months. Does that mean I lost that 6 months of rewards ? 

Please help ?

@sadlyPM  - have you ever received the $1 Refer-A-Friend reward in the last 6 months?

Check your Payment history to check.

If you never received, I doubt Public Mobile will honour to add it on now. That ship may have sailed unfortunately, but I suppose your friend who activated could try to inquire with them (they are the ones that have to inquire, not you).

If you used to see the $1 reward, is your friend no longer a Public Mobile customer, or currently suspended? Because then you do not get the reward in these cases.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sadlyPM : Do you get the 611 texts from here around renewal? The one later in the evening of your new term would show any rewards granted.

And are you sure you're not seeing the reward credit line in your payment history here.

sadlyPM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

ii don't know. I know I convinced them to sign up at the time and I went through everything to get my reward at the time but I haven' really logged in to check my bill until now.

I don't remember the rest.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sadlyPM 

your friend need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

them can be Add the Refer-A-Friend code.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sadlyPM : Oh that sucks. Did they get $10 when they activated? Did you ever get a text mentioning the new referral? Does the evening renewal text from here to you mention the referral reward?

Need Help? Let's chat.