cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I changed my number, and lost my refer a friend reward?

yaoruichen93
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I changed my phone number last week.

I referred my husband last year and I see the rewards in my self serve account through last year, but last week I just received a text from public mobile saying "Public Mobile here. So sorry, your Refer a Friend reward will be loss on your next payment as one of your friends has left us. See the details in Self Serve."
My husband is still using public mobile, does anyone knows how to get my 'refer a friend reward' back?

6 REPLIES 6

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@yaoruichen93 tell your husband to contact customer support mods. that's a bad glitch...

click on the green chat bubble to the bottom right of your screen to speak with SIMon

type "missing rewards"
(use the chat bubble options, then click "click here to submit a ticket!)
*login using your community account

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

if the system isn't allowing you to submit a ticket, follow these steps.
after the page opens, click the dropdown menu and select "other"
then select "something else"
then "next"
and then write your issue in the box and click "submit ticket"

JC29
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did you change your number and lost the reward?  Maybe what happened was that upon the activation of your new number, your old number was used as a referral and then when your old number deactivated, you lost that certain referral.  If you still have a Refer-a-number reward under your self-serve account, you should be good.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@yaoruichen93 

Log in and click "My Rewards". Then on next page there is an arrow before "Total Rewards Earned". Click it.

You will see last 4 digits of the numbers you referred.

esjliv_0-1598444864917.png

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@yaoruichen93 wrote:

I referred my husband yesterday and I see the rewards in my self serve account, but last week I just received a text from public mobile saying "Public Mobile here. So sorry, your Refer a Friend reward will be less on your next payment as one of your friends has left us. See the details in Self Serve."
My husband is still using public mobile, so I don't see how he could have left Public Mobile already.

Log into self service and see if you are still getting the reward and see if his number is still listed. It could have been an erroneous text.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@yaoruichen93 wrote:

I referred my husband yesterday and I see the rewards in my self serve account, but last week I just received a text from public mobile saying "Public Mobile here. So sorry, your Refer a Friend reward will be less on your next payment as one of your friends has left us. See the details in Self Serve."
My husband is still using public mobile, so I don't see how he could have left Public Mobile already.

@yaoruichen93 You referred your husband yesterday and got the text last week? If you had no referrals prior to this ignore it. There were phantom referrals going around, people getting messages about new referrals and also losing referrals. Just keep an eye on your account under rewards. You will see his last 4 digits of his phone number there.

@yaoruichen93 wrote:

I would suggest going to Self Serve to see if the refer-a-friend reward amount is correct. Sometimes, Public Mobile erroneously adds referrals that are in error and then removes them the next day.

Need Help? Let's chat.