cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot receive calls

euclan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

12 REPLIES 12

@triangle2  what other option  you have ?  you mind to post a screenshot?

triangle2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Okay so I've been trying to do that forever only shows automatic and great out format there is no 3G option LTE nothing only automatic grayed out

@triangle2   you were  at a different screen.  You were at Network selection 

try this:

• Go to Settings menu.
  • Tap Connections.
  • Tap Mobile Networks.
  • Tap Network Mode.
  • Select 2G, 3G, 4G or 5G Network Mode.

triangle2

Yeah I know I went under mobile network and all I get is automatic in greyed out format I have the s20 ultra

@triangle2   what phone do you have?  can try to help if you provide the model and brand

usually it is under Preferred network type or network mode

triangle2

How do you change to 3G when there's no option it only says greyed out automatic

@euclan wrote:

I can make calls but cannot receive calls. The message when trying to call my number

is that my call has been forwarded to an automatic voice messaging system.

@euclan - if you ported over to Public Mobile from another provider, was your previous account with the old provider still ACTIVE? It needs to be ACTIVE (unless if is coming from Koodo or Telus ... there could be different allowances with these companies).

If still issues, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link for issues with transfer/porting of phone numbers over to Public Mobile.

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval, within 90 minutes, to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Perhaps also review how to set up voicemail:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-voicemail

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@euclan 

Are you a new customer?

Did you recently activate and port in your number?  Can you connect to the Public Mobile network?

We are customers and know nothing about you or your account status. The more you can provide, the better someone can help you. 

These are the type of details needed. 

@euclan if you just joined, requested porting in the number and cannot receive calls, this is a problem with porting 

euclan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can make calls but cannot receive calls. The message when trying to call my number

is that my call has been forwarded to an automatic voice messaging system.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@euclan 

This is vague. Provide as much detail as you can regarding your situation if you want an accurate response. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@euclan 

did you just join PM and requested porting your number into PM ? 

If you are porting your number, did you reply a text to your old provider and reply YES within 90 mins?  If you miss that, the porting was not completed and hence you are not receiving incoming calls.  There is a number you can call to talk to live support and re-trigger the process.  I will message you the number, please check your Community inbox, envelope icon on top right

if you are not new to PM, incoming calls and text were working fine before and just not working now, try to :

• reboot your phone once.  
  • reseat your sim card (Power down the phone, take sim card out for a minute, then put it back and power up)
  • change your Preferred Network Type or Network Mode on your phone to 3G Only (or WCDMA)
  • if you have another phone, put your sim card in that other phone and test
  • use your phone in another area, it could be a local network issue
Need Help? Let's chat.