cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't make a local call because it is telling me it is long distance

rawredge
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

When trying to make local calls I get the message "Sorry we cannot complete your call, you don't have an active long distance add on...". The number I tried to call is my husband's and we are both at public mobile with the same area code in the same city.

Tried using +1 infront of the area code as well and doesn't work. Please help.

11 REPLIES 11

🙂 happy holidays:)

Also don't forget to enter for the holiday giveaway, they are giving out Amazon gift cards. Both you and your husband can enter. The only thing you have to do is to state your favorite part of holidays

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Win-a-100-Amazon-gift-card-with-our-Mor... 

Best luck

rawredge

Wow found it! Thanks alot. Happy Holidays!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rawredge wrote:

That would be great! I'm in the Data & Add-On Usage section but don't see the free minutes or data? Where can I find it?

Purchase add-ons button.

rawredge

That would be great! I'm in the Data & Add-On Usage section but don't see the free minutes or data? Where can I find it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rawredge wrote:

Thanks for quick reply. I didn't think so and thought I would get notified by text if I was. Checking my usage, I don't see my minutes in the usage chart so I think it means I am out of minutes?

You should have received a text saying you have 10 minutes left.

If you're on a plan that is no longer being offered then you won't be able to go back to it if you change plans.

The free 400 minutes are usable in Canada. Pick it up and you can keep calling.

@rawredge wrote:

Out of minutes..going to upgrade now. Thanks

Hi @rawredge 

Are you on 10 plan? I love my 15 plan, I find it cheaper to have $5 add-on (in case I run out of data so I can't use fongo/TextNow) and TextNow (for unlimited USA and in a case I run out of minutes), I highly recommend this combination. I didn't have to use the talk add-on yet but I feel very comfortable having it there

Cheers

rawredge

Out of minutes..going to upgrade now. Thanks

Did you grab the free gift minutes?

Go to add ons they will be$0 you get 400 minutes. Don't forget to claim 1g of data for b$0 too.

If you already used those, 500 for $5 is great price

Do you have data left try fongo or TextNow, restrict their background data and they will only use 30 megs monthly and both give you free Canadian number and unlimited Canada calls

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Did you recently renew

Can you restart your phone

What is the status on your self-serve

rawredge

Thanks for quick reply. I didn't think so and thought I would get notified by text if I was. Checking my usage, I don't see my minutes in the usage chart so I think it means I am out of minutes?

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Are you out of minutes?

Need Help? Let's chat.