cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I actualy had to create and account to tell public mobile how a S____y service they have.

humonculi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

i actualy had to create an account to let public mobile know that this is now a horrible compagnie with over priced deals to lure people into going with telus. No more support phone numbers when you have a problem no more good deals im trying to port my number to another compagnie and i can't do so since it apparently not active and yet when i check on my account it says Active. so basicly what happened when Telus bought public mobile was increase Plan prices, Reduce services, integrate Bug filled website and to top it all They manage to take more money from you. Amazing!!

9 REPLIES 9

cnguyen1994
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I hope this has been resolved

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^I actually rather do everything my self, not just with PM but with all service providers but they should still have store.

Allow me to rephrase: Not Postpaid, just the Postpaid type services without the credit checks, or this way or that way. Roaming, lets say US, mainly Postpaid, only 2 or 3 Prepaids offer roaming, or 411, or SMS Short Codes, so that's a kinda handicap that PM currently is missing in powerplant. But, offering this in the powerplant can create zee proper effect, just how fast, I'm not sure. 700 HP, or is it 395 HP. Not sure, but we need full power, as our itchy fingers are dying for something to do, as we have attention spans that window shop from one aisle to the next.

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @makkahn28 

Not overwhelming, but what you're describing in that post isn't post-paid, it's just a greater depth of services including things like roaming. I don't think you would actually want Public Mobile to go post-paid.

If Public became post-paid that would mean that it would be set up how other carriers are where a bill cycle is done 1 month in advanced and then allowing additional usage charges to be applied to the bill. In having a post paid structure you require credit checks which require users to present photo ID and financial pieces to show that you have enough credit to be financially responsible for paying for the services you're given in advanced. This would mean that Public would need locations in order to run credit checks on customers, which would in turn likely result in higher rate plans as they would then need a larger employee base just for this purpose.

Public bests serves as a prepaid value service as Telus already has sub-brands that offer post-paid both for subsidizing devices and bring your own plans; TELUS, Koodo, and PC Mobile.

Please don't be overwhelmed. I try to be complete, not incomplete

Well, that's a excellent question. http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/My-version-of-a-Complete-Comprehensive-plan...

This link will pretty much tell you what My Pentium 5 processor brain thinks.

Griff

@makkahn28 

What features are you looking to be added that are considered post paid?

That's correct. Now, I'm not denying Public is  NOT yet perfect, still lots of work to be done, but Beta will help shore up the sluggish areas where PM currently lacks in, and better improve PM beyond what we see. Now, hoping that PM offers more beyond the prepaid scope of things, like postpaid like stuff, while converting it to prepaid concept, that may even the odds. Nothing wrong with additions that ppl can grow to latch and love

Griff

Public Mobile is not a horrible company.

Public is set up in the same way as prepaid services at other carriers but offers more services for the same monthly amount. If a person has no credit or bad credit Public Mobile is likely their best option. Anyone who was on pre-existing plans was allowed to keep their grandfathered rates and features, Public did not "manage to take more money" from them. 

If you left your number with Public Mobile inactive for more than 90 days you will have lost the number, if calling the number results in a no longer in service type message that means it is lost.

Need Help? Let's chat.