cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i pause during travel?

banpo72
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm gonna travel for a month.

So I'd like pasue my phone and a phone of my wife during travel.

What can i do for pausing?

Can i get ways by text or email?

Email: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

edited by computergeek541: e-mail address removed

8 REPLIES 8

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@banpo72 

The lost phone/suspend account feature can work well.  Adding to @pkaraa's comment about revisiting your account every 85 days - set an email/phone reminder.  It's relatively easy to do and one way to keep your account from being deleted.  

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Depends on for how many days you are going away. You can change the plan to $15 if you have current plans If you have any of the plan which is not offered right now then you need to stay with it else you wont get it back. Cancel autopay and Use lost/stolen phone to suspend your account for 85 days and pay every 85th day to keep the number active again. 

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@banpo72 

I often suspend my account for when I have to travel for work and then I just use my Rogers work phone. I have always used the same method as @darlicious because I can often have a balance in my account so just suspending auto pay won't work. I hope this helps you when you travel.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@banpo72 wrote:

Email: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

edited by computergeek541: e-mail address removed

@banpo72 

If you pay by credit card with auto-pay enabled, you need to disable that. This will suspend the account for 89 days from the missed renewal date. You will need to make a payment when you return to get the service back

If you have enough funds available in the account to cover the cost of the plan, you will need to use the Suspend Service feature (in the Lost / Stolen Phone page), otherwise the system will still take the funds to renew the plan. The account will also be suspended (in this case, immediately) for 89 days (from the date of the last payment) and you will have to use the Resume Service feature to reactivate the account.

If you're travelling in the States, you can use a voip like Textnow for free calls and texts on wifi.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@banpo72 

Basically you need to do this within your self serve account unless you know your 4 digit account pin number and you can remove autopay via 611 or by calling 1 855 4PUBLIC entering your 10 digit phone number and your 4 digit account pin #. Here is my recommendations for suspending your service(s)....

Options for your account and service....

1. You can turn off autopay and allow the account to suspend at the of your current 30 day cycle but this is your least advantageous option. Pay and reactivate by day 85 or so.
  2. If you have an account balance that exceeds your plan amount then you need to suspend via the lost/stolen feature in your account before midnight eastern on the evening of your renewal. Then on day 85 or so resume your service to pay and reactivate.
  3. Suspending via lost/stolen before midnight eastern will keep your voicemail active allowing you retrieve voicemail and any verification sent by phone calls. However your rewards will not be applied to your account. Moderator contact after paying and reactivating is necessary to have the rewards applied manually.
  4. Voicemail can be accessed by calling your pm number from a different phone by calling your phone # and pressing * once connected and entering your 4 digit voicemail pin #.
  5. If you don't have an account balance or enough balance to cover your plan amount you can suspend via lost/stolen after midnight but before 2 am eastern on the day of your renewal. Once your rewards have been applied (usually by 12:15 am et) then suspend your account. Voicemail access will be lost.
  6. Switching to the $15 plan with rewards helping to cover a partial or full amount of your plan allows you to call forward your pm number to your fongo number. Be sure to perform all call forwarding while in Canada. Now any incoming calling to your pm number will ring thru to your fongo number while on wifi or mobile data (w/a local or global sim card) You can access your fongo voicemail for all voicemail messages.

Most important mark on your calendar day 85 of your suspension and day 90. Do not forget when you must unsuspend your account via lost/stolen and/or pay and reactivate your service so you don't lose your phone number and account. Happy travels!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@banpo72 wrote:

@banpo72  if you do have enough funds in your Available Funds area for your account to automatically renew then you can use the Lost/Stolen feature on your Self Serve account.

This will prevent any calls or messages from being sent or received. Doing so will not keep your plan from expiring; however, it will ensure that your credit card is not charged at your next renewal date if you’re on AutoPay.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/lost-or-stolen-phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jiminy Christmas! There oughta be a rule that says no moving of threads inside of something like say 15 minutes from the initial OP.

@banpo72 wrote:

If you don't have enough funds in your account for the next renewal, your service will stop working. You could simply not pay.  Ensure that your service stays suspended for less than 90 days or your Public Mobile account will get closed.  E-mail services aren't something that Public Mobile provides. You need some type of working internet connection to receive those. As for text messages, Public Mobile does not offer text message forwarding services.

Need Help? Let's chat.