cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set up data on Iphone 6?

Canmesa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am new to Public Mobile, activated my phone today. I have an IPhone 6 and was assigned a new number by PM. I have activated my account but am having trouble setting up data on my Iphone 6. When I go to cellular data network my only options are for personal hotspot. Not sure what else to try. Any suggestions? Thanks 

8 REPLIES 8

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sounds like you're an apple guy.

*Yes. But only for the past 5 years have gone solid Apple everything.  You will never get me back to Microsoft Windows ☹️

While @CalgaryBen  seems to be the foremost authority on apple especially for the nitty gritty its nice to know there is someone else to call on along with @GinYVR .

*While I have Cranston in my ID, I no longer live in Calgary. I wish @CalgaryBen would look at my post in regards to texting from an SE!!

Going to be helping my neighbour activate his account this weekend. Hes not even sure what Iphone he has....might be a 4?

*I have had a couple of 4s and only if Apple iOS was current on a 4S I would still have. A 4S was a great phone but found the 4 to have a soft home button. The easiest way to tell is a 4S has Siri and a 4 does not. Also do an imei check. Imei can be found in settings>about and also on back side of sim tray. Settings>about is the BEST check. A 4 or 4S can likely be carrier locked though. I can help with that, if it is. Settings>about will tell iPhone model too and what carrier it was on....and of course if the old sim is in it is helpful too. 

He's a grumpy at times 75 year old greenpeacer that just wants to pay for a year and be done with it. Just needs his phone in case he has to fight off a bear to keep his salmon when he's fishing the Skeena. 

*Yup that age group is liable to need help but not all do. 😀

@88cranston wrote:

Turn on Cellular and scroll down and switch on/off apps to use with DATA. 

Click here for further directions please.

@88cranston  Sounds like you're an apple guy. While @CalgaryBen  seems to be the foremost authority on apple especially for the nitty gritty its nice to know there is someone else to call on along with @GinYVR . Going to be helping my neighbour activate his account this weekend. Hes not even sure what Iphone he has....might be a 4? I'll definitely be needing a brain to pick on this one....its got to be easy for his transition. He's a grumpy at times 75 year old greenpeacer that just wants to pay for a year and be done with it. Just needs his phone in case he has to fight off a bear to keep his salmon when he's fishing the skeena.

88cranston

Turn on Cellular and scroll down and switch on/off apps to use with DATA. 

Click here for further directions please.

Canmesa

Thanks, that seems to work. I was able to connect on safari with wifi off.

@CanmesaHave you tried Safari and just open a website? iPhone doesn't need much configuration for data like Android.

Canmesa

I have tried that to no avail. Cellular data is on. I've tried with roaming on and off. Doesn't make any difference. Still only shows personal hotspot under cellular data network.

88cranston

Slide the Cellular Data Switch to the right. 

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Canmesa usually after you get set up and restart your phone it should work on an iPhone, try restarting again to see 

Need Help? Let's chat.