cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I select my regular plan?

TorontoGal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I thought my visa was automated. I guess it wasnt. 

I added the funds to my account and my plan isnt selcted and I cant seem to add a new one. 

Can someone help me please to reconect with my regular $40/5G plan ?

thank youScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 9.43.01 AM.png

21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TorontoGal , I don't understand why you would want a refund that would take over a month if you will need to pay for the next month in a few weeks.  You don't need to disable your auto pay, and you still get the auto pay discount, even if the payment comes from funds that are sitting in your account.   That said,  it you want to request a refund... 

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

TorontoGal

I am on disability and the autorenewal and my CC are there and seem to be working. I would apreciate getting a refund as every dollar counts. How do I contact the moderators?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TorontoGal, You would probably be better off leaving the extra money in your account, and having it used to pay your next renewal.  If you ask the moderators to process a refund, they probably would.  However, it would likely take well over a month before you get your money back.  I really don't think it is worth it...

TorontoGal

I have checked. 

the phone works and the data works. it is all active

BUT. I have a $50 credit - meaning I was charged twice. So I need to have it reinburst. I only had a $10. credit on the account. 

The visa that was set up for Autopay is exactly the same one I added again and used by *611 this morning. I did send a PM to the other team and hope to have that resolved soon. 

Thank you everyone who contributed quickly and help(ed/s) with this situation. 

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TorontoGal system looks to be working properly now.  My Account was blank like yours for the last 2-3 hours, and now it's showing correctly.  It was doing this yesterday as well.  Then populated later in the day.  Check your now, it might be working/showing now.

TorontoGal

This is very funny. Thanks for the Canadian Giggle.

I am sure since this is part of Telus it will get resolved. 

@TorontoGal wrote:

I did ignore it. 

and this morning it said my account is suspended. 

This was the SHOCK... that sent me into adding my card again and calling *611

@TorontoGalSorry I know it sucks, In self serve there was a large banner at the top that said to ignore that as well although I totally understand because we ignore / don't read the part about ignoring because we are in shock with the letters SUSPENDED...

Public mobile really needs a better way of communicating the renewal process / account status with its customers in self serve (simply based on the fact that this is so common) but at least the emotions only happens once and it happens to the best of us. Think of it as initiation 😛 Welcome to public mobile.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TorontoGal

The way the renewal happens causes lots of confusion..especially when one sees the big suspended status..

TorontoGal

I did ignore it. 

and this morning it said my account is suspended. 

This was the SHOCK... that sent me into adding my card again and calling *611

TorontoGal

I am unable to log back into my account - it is not moving or doning anything past the login screen. I saw that the account said 'ACTIVE' on it. 

@TorontoGal wrote:

The text message said the payemtn was due today. December 28th

and I was certain I was on Autopay. ... the rest of the story is in the thread.

@TorontoGalPart of the message says "IF YOU'RE ON AUTOPAY IGNORE THIS MESSAGE"but you did not ignore it.

Screenshot_Messaging_20181228-122619.jpg

@TorontoGal wrote:

[Billed twice] I was charged TWICE for my service this month... and I need one of the payemtns to be reverted. I have screnshots to prove it and I need to communitacte with the moderator/someone from the company now. 

@TorontoGalIt sounds like you have auto pay set up, so the system billed you as it should and in the middle of the renewal process you used 611 to manually add funds to the account. So your card was charged as it should have, and you should not have added extra funds. If this is correct you may be confused of how the renewal process works. Those funds will automatically be used for the next renewal.

To speak with a moderator Click this to send them a message.

TorontoGal

The text message said the payemtn was due today. December 28th

and I was certain I was on Autopay. ... the rest of the story is in the thread.

TorontoGal

[Billed twice] I was charged TWICE for my service this month... and I need one of the payemtns to be reverted. I have screnshots to prove it and I need to communitacte with the moderator/someone from the company now. 

@TorontoGal wrote:

The phone is working, I made a call. and the web is working too it seems - the maps are giving directions. I guess they will arrange the money thing themselves and take the $40 they are owed. I am surprised because on my CC bill I am charged $49.60 instead of 45 with taxes.

@TorontoGalWhen is your renewal date? If its tonight, the money will come out of the account and the plan will automatically renew overnight.

If today was your payment due date, then here's what to expect:
1. Expiration of completed period. Account will show "plan expired" sometime before midnight tonight.
2. Conversion of all rewards (including autopay) to available funds at midnight; rewards reset. Payment not collected yet at this point.  Account will show "Your account has been suspended" in big red letters.
3. In early hours of the morning, available funds will be used (if any), credit card will be charged (if necessary), plan will be renewed. Account status will then show "active."

TorontoGal

The phone is working, I made a call. and the web is working too it seems - the maps are giving directions. I guess they will arrange the money thing themselves and take the $40 they are owed. I am surprised because on my CC bill I am charged $49.60 instead of 45 with taxes.

@TorontoGal wrote:

I received a text message that there was a manual payment added and to ignore the previous text that the plan didnt renew. I see the old base plan $40/5G is visible but the funds are still in a form of credit and I can not use my phone yet. 

@TorontoGalDoes your plan show as "active" or "suspended" on the overview page ?

If you are unable to activate with enough funds, try these tricks to re-activate your service at the link here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

TorontoGal

I received a text message that there was a manual payment added and to ignore the previous text that the plan didnt renew. I see the old base plan $40/5G is visible but the funds are still in a form of credit and I can not use my phone yet. 

TorontoGal

I added my visa online, it wasn't confirmed. I reloaded the page and the automation was added, then i used *611 to add the credit. I checked with the bank and CC and the funds went out of my CC. Now there is no option to add/select the plan I had. I will wait an hour and see if it adjusts itself, is this what everyone is doing?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@TorontoGal wrote:

I added the funds to my account and my plan isnt selcted and I cant seem to add a new one. 

There seems to be a problem with the website right now.  You should be able to just go in and make a payment for the amount of your current plan and have it renew.  Have you tried to just go into self serve and make a payment?  You shouldn't have to select a new plan if you just want to renew what you currently have.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@TorontoGal wrote:

@TorontoGal

I have the same problem currently and have seen it many times. There are many posts that describe the same issue as a site wide issue that happens at random intervals through out the day.

When your plan shows up as blank, don't touch anything. Log out and try again later it will fix itself within a few hours.

Need Help? Let's chat.