cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I make a collect call?

heatherstack
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to call collect, but got an error that I do not have long distance on my account. I shouldn't need long distance, as all charges would apply to the recipient of the collect call, right? 

7 REPLIES 7

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Collect calls are a whole different game. With prepaid services like PM collect calls won't work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@heatherstack 

Why bother even trying? Assuming you're on a recent plan, it lets you call all around the country at no extra cost. Just dial out.

As for receiving a collect call...no. There are no after the fact charges here.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@heatherstack  all new plans are Canada wide calling. Some older plans are provide wide.

Which are you on?

If Canada wide calling plan. Just dial the number you're trying to call. If you hear a message saying "this is a long distance call. Just let the message play and then the call will connect. Or to not hear that message put a 1 infront of the number.

If you're on a province plan you would have to buy a long distance add-on. $5 for 500 Canada wide minutes. Two steps to buy an add-on. 1 - add money to your account. 2 - buy the add-on.

You should have no problems calling BC to Ontario

@heatherstack What plan are you on?. All new plans are Canada wide calling. 

As for making collect calls I don't believe you can with Public Mobile. 

heatherstack
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm trying to make a collect call from inside Canada (BC) to within Canada (ON)

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@heatherstack 

Where are you trying to make a collect call to?  Since PM is prepaid, receiving collect calls is not possible.  Not sure if you can dial collect calls also.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I think you have to go through an operator. Not sure if you can make collect calls with PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.