cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know if this phone will work ?

vaalix
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

BlackBerry Classic SQC100-1 16GB Unlocked GSM 4G LTE Keyboard Phone w/ 8MP Camera - Black

I can't post a link to the phone for some reason. I don't know much about phones and was wondering if my current sim will fit in this blackberry?

10 REPLIES 10

@vaalix wrote:

Ah so the original os isn't supported.. I see..

@vaalix   Sadly , no

vaalix

Ah so the original os isn't supported.. I see..

@vaalix some price on Amazon are not real  🤣

but partially is that Key2 and Passport are Android and they can still be used these days.  For the BB keyboard lovers, those are their last hope

vaalix

Its mind blowing some of the bb prices on amazon.. 1000 bucks for key2.. unreal.. that passport one 800 lol. Things like 5 years old.

@vaalix   Yes, sim card on S6 is nano

and Yes, there is no more phone with BB keyboard anymore 😞

vaalix

Ya I just realized those bb are pretty old.. Too bad, I kind of liked that design style. Guess I will stick with this s6 for now. The sim card Im pretty sure is the smallest one i've seen.. from about 13 months ago.. nano I think?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@vaalix wrote:

BlackBerry Classic SQC100-1 16GB Unlocked GSM 4G LTE Keyboard Phone w/ 8MP Camera - Black

I can't post a link to the phone for some reason. I don't know much about phones and was wondering if my current sim will fit in this blackberry?

@vaalix   Again, you don't have to spend time to get the BB Classic on PM. 

But, what kind of sim you have?  there are 3 different kind, but some sim card you can remove the "frame" and make it small to fit the newer phone

SIM_Tricut2.png

But again, if you need another phone to use on PM, you should get a newer one that is compatible on PM network

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@vaalix   No, this Blackberry , which is running on BB10, will no longer work on PM network

https://www.blackberry.com/us/en/support/devices/end-of-life#:~:text=Updated%20December%2022%2C%2020....

[update: add ref. link]

vaalix

My ex set this phone up. I remember she had to get a smaller sim card or something for it to work in the current samsung s6.. Whatever she did seemed like a huge hassle..

Need Help? Let's chat.