cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get LTE working on my iPhone? All I can get is 3G.

mackpine
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't seem to be able to get LTE working. Has anyone else with an iPhone been able to get LTE? 

Thanks! 🙂 

18 REPLIES 18

justanormalguy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Thanks for all the replys tho

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Thanks for letting us know you got it straightened out afterwords.

justanormalguy
Okay. Guys. My mistake. I restarted the phone and waited almost 1and half minutes on 3G. And then magically LTE kicked in I guess we just need to be patient and wait for the switching I m very happy now.

DK

justanormalguy
Hey. Would you mind to share the APN setting of yours? I have the Koodo 18.2as well. I definitely have a data plan I m on the 4o dollars 1g data. Plan. Thanks.

DK
My wife has a i6 with LTE here in Oakville so not sure why yours isn't. What iOS and carrier settings are you running?yoy can see the carrier settings under settings/general/about and should be Koodo 18.2

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^There is definitely LTE on Public Mobile, you probably don't have a Data Plan or some settings on your phone.

Hello @justanormalguy,

Are you in a LTE zone where Telus offer LTE ?

How old is your SIM card? You may need a new one who is LTE compatible.

justanormalguy

Me too

I came from Rogers ,  with Rogers for 12 years . Paying way too much

The only problem I have with PM is this : No LTE ..only 3G no matter how I tried.  Definitly much slower than LTE with Rogers before ..but  ,what the hell ...I m not going to pay 80 dollars a month.  🙂

Keep up public mobile Good work so far but please,fix the issues.  Dont disappoint me and us . 

chukdefatey
Do you have Data or data addon on your plan?

mackpine

Just 5 iPhones, and none of them worked. 

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Just curious @mackpine , have you put your sim cards into any other phones to see if you're able to get LTE?

mackpine

In response to everyone's comments, I have an iPhone 6, 6+ and 5s... I've put the sim card in each of these phones (all unlocked), and LTE hasn't worked in any of them. I am in downtown Ottawa, where I know there is LTE. I've turned LTE on in the settings menu, and I've entered all the APN data... Still nothing. 

chukdefatey
@OP, Since you didn't mention which iPhone you have in your OP, if you have an iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4 and 4s you will not get LTE. iPhone 5 and up support LTE.

@OP, if you have and iPhone 5 and up and don't have Data then you have no use for LTE.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

What sometimes helps is to toggle Airplane mode off and on.

DK
Which model do you have?
LTE settings are under cellular settings as someone previous mentioned

benwarez

If your iPHONE is LTE compatible, Go to Settings, cellular turn on LTE

Need Help? Let's chat.