cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find my PIN #

GlennK
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I tried switching to another phone but could find a valid PIN # to unlock my SIM card....

9 REPLIES 9

GlennK

@Luddite wrote:

@GlennK wrote:

I tried switching to another phone but could find a valid PIN # to unlock my SIM card....

Try your SIM card in another unlocked phone. That will confirm whether it is your SIM or phone that is locked.

I don't have another phone to try and Ishould be able toget my own SIM #

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@GlennK wrote:

Try your SIM card in another unlocked phone. That will confirm whether it is your SIM or phone that is locked.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Shapla001

@GlennK wrote:

From your message I assume that you forgot your pin. Because PIN is a mandatory field during service activation. However, changing handset and using the same SIM card does not necessarily require to unlock your sim.I have used my same PM SIM card in 4 phones (iPhone, Samsung A8, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro). While putting in the SIM, none of the sets asked for PIN. All the phones were carrier unlocked.

Though I am not very sure, is your phone locked with other provider?

The other possibility may be, android phones sometimes ask for SIM PIN.

You should contact moderators in this forum @CS_Agent, provide all your important account details like, username/email, phone #, Postal code, last 4 digits of credit card if registered for auto-payment, last payment details, plan details, etc. They will be able to provide you with the forgotten PIN upon successful varification.

Hope I could be of some information.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GlennK wrote:

I did try a moderator huors ago but no reply....I actually went back to the old phone and found 2 different PIN #'s they assigned me but they did not work either. I'll wait until someone can provide a valid # before trying toswutch again....not so sure I like this support???

This support model is not for everybody admittedly. The service is a lot more hands-on self-serve than the traditional post-paid get a bill pay the bill see all the extra surprise charges etc.

Yup you have to be more on it here. And patient for when you need someone for an account issue. I've only accessed them once and that was for a favour. Not service related.

GlennK

@Anonymous wrote:

@GlennK wrote:

as in do a search in self serve?

@mimmo wrote:

Unlock sim or unlock phone?

There are several kinds of "locks" in the cell world. Your SIM may be locked and your phone may be locked.

For the phone if it's an older phone or you brought it from another provider then you would need to talk to wherever you got the phone to get it unlocked. Samsung goes one better (/snark) they sometimes lock the phone to the provider of the first SIM that got inserted. And then you need to talk to them.

For the SIM you need moderator assistance from here. Sometimes 0000 or 1234 might possibly work.

That's just two that I know of just for now.

I did try a moderator huors ago but no reply....I actually went back to the old phone and found 2 different PIN #'s they assigned me but they did not work either. I'll wait until someone can provide a valid # before trying toswutch again....not so sure I like this support???

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GlennK wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

There are several kinds of "locks" in the cell world. Your SIM may be locked and your phone may be locked.

For the phone if it's an older phone or you brought it from another provider then you would need to talk to wherever you got the phone to get it unlocked. Samsung goes one better (/snark) they sometimes lock the phone to the provider of the first SIM that got inserted. And then you need to talk to them.

For the SIM you need moderator assistance from here. Sometimes 0000 or 1234 might possibly work.

That's just two that I know of just for now.

GlennK

unlock SIM

GlennK

@mimmo wrote:

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Need Help? Let's chat.