cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel my plan?

alex_delfax
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Can someone please let me know how can I cancel my plan (if I leave the country, for instance.

Thank you!

12 REPLIES 12

jedjammer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you have any trouble be sure to put a stop payment on credit card. 

alex_delfax

Thank you, everybody! I got the answers.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@alex_delfax 

Option 1:  Quick and keeping your phone number
Quickest way to cancel is to port your number to other provider.
PM plan is prepaid plan. No refund on unused paid service.
Before porting out your number out, disable autopay and remove your credit card from your account.

Option 2:  Slow and not keeping your phone number
If you don't need the phone number to be ported to other provider,
disable autopay and remove credit card from your PM account.
You account will be suspended without payment on your next renewal date.
90 days after suspension, your account will be closed.

@alex_delfax wrote:

So I got it: the real answer is that there's no way to cancel the plan and that the only solution is disable the payment method and let it be suspended automatically after the 90 days.

That's really a bug in the system, isn't it?

@alex_delfax  Not really a bug. If you remove your credit card information as far as your concerned your done. The good thing about giving you the 90 days is that you have the option to re-activate your account if you change your mind and also your number is also protected for 90 days.

Actually @alex_delfax I was with Virgin prepaid and it was the same Port, or remove the autopay credit card and the plan expired in 90 days. So, this isn't unique. Stay safe.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alex_delfax wrote:

So I got it: the real answer is that there's no way to cancel the plan and that the only solution is disable the payment method and let it be suspended automatically after the 90 days.

The terms & conditions mention contacting the moderators and asking to cancel the service. I highly doubt you would get any pro-rated refund like with post-paid services. But really... why bother? It's a prepaid service. Just stop paying.

@alex_delfax its because its a prepaid provider. So you wouldnt get any credit for any monies paid toward the plan. You can cancel it immediatley by going into your overview. Go into plans and add on tab. The click Lost or stolen. It will disable the plan immediatley. 

alex_delfax

@Anonymous @gblackma @Staliger 

I started to answer then saw three names when I hit the AT sign lol 

too slow for me, I assume its been answered. Just remove payment method and it will cancel on its own.

If you want to keep the number port out before it gets suspended. 

Why are you leaving, is there a paricular reason? 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@alex_delfax Just disable your Autopay, and after 90 days your account will be automatically disabled forever. Or you can suspend your service via self-service account using lost/stolen feature. It also works for up to 90 days, and then account is deleted from the system.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alex_delfax wrote:

Hi,

Can someone please let me know how can I cancel my plan (if I leave the country, for instance.

Thank you!

Remove your payment card. The account will suspend. Then after 90 days it will deactivate. You lose the number and any rewards/balance.

Edit: too slow

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@alex_delfax remove your autopay credit card it will expire in 90 days.  Or port your number out. It will automatically close when the port is complete.  Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.