cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can fraudulent text messages be reported to Public Mobile?

Word-Nerd
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What is the Public Mobile text number to which a fraudulent text message can be forwarded so it can be reported?

Will Public Mobile block the number from being used to send more fraudulent messages?

How can a person block each scam or fraudulent text message number or phone number from sending another message to one’s phone?

4 REPLIES 4

Word-Nerd
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for your responses softech, Walker1 and BKNS27.

The directions for blocking a phone or text number are likely the same for all Android phones since they all use the same operating system, so that is what is next.

The first message I posted here was “How can a text message be forwarded to another phone?” because the fraudulent text message can’t be forwarded to my first phone despite following all the directions for doing so and all others can be forwarded using the same procedure.

After reviewing all the information, it may be possible that Public Mobile does more than their customers believe they do to block fraudulent text messages. Read my posts under “How can a text message be forwarded to another phone?” for more information.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Word-Nerd 

There is not much a carrier can do about spoofed number since the number is computer generated and hiding their number.

The Truecaller app will help by blocking them.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@Word-Nerd 

There's nothing PM can do about that, so you'll just have to block those phone numbers and text messages from settings in your own phone.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Word-Nerd  providers, not just PM usually won't do much

Also, some text are sending via email to text, so it does not really came from a. phone.  And some are system generated text and the fale the FROM phone number

Just keep the habit, do not read or open text from unknown person, certainly do not click on the links there

Need Help? Let's chat.