cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent text message?

the__dude
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just received text message from 4013 saying my Public Mobile account has been placed on hold due to unresolved issue with my payment, including (I'm guessing) a fraudulent link to visit to rectify the issue.

Are you aware of these texts?

9 REPLIES 9

Dean111

Same issue, received the SMS from 4013, same that Public Mobile has used to text me before, so I don't believe it's a scammer unless they're spoofing Public Mobile's number.  Checked my account and I don't see any issues; my latest payment already went through recently. My services are still working fine as far as I can tell so I'm assuming the SMS was sent out by mistake. 

Given others seem to have experienced the same thing, I'd appreciate if Public Mobile could validate by sending out a message to disregard so we know there's nothing to be concerned about.  Thank you!

hi @Zephyr87 

if your PM services have no problem o, please ignore the message about the overdue issue.  It looks like there was a system glitch and those email were sent wrong, sent to the wrong group of customers

if you are concern, you can also message support agent:

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Zephyr87

same. I was charged on Monday and it went through. I don't have to pay again until next month. What the heck?

There's nothing wrong with my card. I haven't made any changes either. 

liuvx

I also get the email and the message too, but my payment already done showing on the website.

the__dude

I see.. I assumed fraud because I checked my account and there was no issue with payment.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@the__dude 

Public Mobile has been experiencing glitches where customers recieve alerts about their account being on hold. If you still have service just ignore the text.

yycguy1

I received the same message few minutes ago. Must be a glitch.

bgoya
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got same sms too... not sure if its fraud. clicking on it does to publicmobile.ca

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@the__dude 

PM had issue with people AutoPay on the renewal date yesterday. If you still have service, just ignore the text.

I don’t know if they fixed the glitch.

Need Help? Let's chat.