cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I receive a log-in verification by EMAIL?

tmp0418
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a prepaid plan and device for one of my children and recently ordered another.  I used to be able to log into my account and receive the verification code by EMAIL or SMS.  Now that Public seems to have migrated to EverSafe, I am no longer given the option to have my verification code sent to e-mail, only text or voice call.

How am I supposed to manage my account, especially for multiple devices or users, when I don't have access or possession to the device(s) to receive a text or voice call?

2 REPLIES 2

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@tmp0418

Yes you can get the 2 FA code sent to your email. Just click Resend Code and you have the option to receive it by text, email or calls.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tmp0418   you can .  Once EverSafe is setup , you can click Resend code and ask it to send to emailk

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

Also, you can login to your kids account, go to Profile, and click EverSafe and update the phone number there.  That phone number in the EverSafe section is for 2FA purpose, not to change the phone number of the account , so. you can change that to your own number to get the code easier

And just in case you have not setup EverSafe for your other account yet because you don't have the phone with you and cannot get the code,  Try these workarounds, it could bypass the SMS in linking My Account with EverSafe ID

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

If none of those workarounds helps,  please open ticket with support and have them to help in this situation:

Private message CS agent at 
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.