cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How bad is the backlog?

clamchowder
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I ported my number over last Thursday and it failed. I messaged the mods on Friday, haven't heard a peep.

What's the backlog like right now? Are they responding to any messages?

How long have people been waiting to hear back for a fix?
48 REPLIES 48

Jrat59

Thank you @Rockdaddy22!!!

I will go switch it now! 

Thanks again for the responses! happy to be part of the fam! 

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Yes, you'll get your money back for the 10 day plan that you never wanted to begin with. They'll also fix the referrals if need be.

Jrat59

@Rockdaddy22 I can do that but then its like I got stiffed for $41 dollars. Plus for some reason the 5 Referals i have given that did show in my account dont show up now. 

If i manually cancel my 10 Day pass that just restarted yesterday, do you think that PM or one of the Mods will rectify all this at a later date once the dust settles from all of this? 

Thanks @Rockdaddy22 for responding to me. i feel loved again lol

Rockdaddy22

@Jrat59 just do the plan change manually, top up your account and buy the 90 day plan. The automatic plan change doesn't work unfortunately.

abhionly4u1

@Shazia_K Please help as I am stuck for past 4 days with no incoming. Already sent the private message with details.

sabbie

Receiving calls seems to the last thing that works.

It worked for me after I powered down, removed the sim, waited 1 minute, inserted sim and powered up again.

Ruffit

Hello @Shazia_K and @Mary_M

I'm also experiencing issues with porting over to PM. I still cannot receive incoming calls. I've tried reaching out via private messages, community and emails but no response from anyone. Would you be able to kindly let me know what the problem is with my porting, and what steps need to be taken to resolve this issue?

Thanks

outtarice
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm looking at the PMs that I sent out to mods the last few days....Doesn't look like they are being read.

How can I get my number ported?

First message sent on thursday, was not read. This seems to be a trend, as there are many people here waiting and waiting to have their PMs to be read. I guess this is the price you pay for cheaper phone plans.

This is not worth it, I'm better off with a corporate plan that includes a phone.

If I had to, how do you cancel my service?

Oh god, I hope it's not through private messages!!

Jrat59

hey @Shazia_K 

I have been messaging @Mary_M but have not gotten a response. Also posted in the forum with no reply. 

I originally signed up with PM on a 10 day plan on Nov 4th to test it all out. I was blown away with how good reception and speeds! left rogers and stuck with PM. 

I changed my plan before the 10 day pass was up, had it set to change at the end of my ten day pass which would have been nov 13th. My Credit card was charged for the amount of the 90 day pass, but it renewed my 10 day pass. 

Also it showed the 5 referrals I have gotten so far, but when i checked my account 10 minutes ago they were gone. 

Could you please look into this for me as I have done nothing but promote how amazing PM is and the forums and response time and now I have my foot in my mouth lol. I totally understand the backlog but any sort of acknowledgement would be amazing. 

I am leaving for an international trip on the 19th and just want to make sure I can sort all of this out before I go. 

I have sent my account details to Mary_M. If you would like me to send them to you, please let me know. 

Thank you in advance @Shazia_K !! I hear you are a miracle worker!!

cindylee_

Hi @Shazia_K I also sent you a PM last night, could you take a look? Thanks!

slads

I have been waiting 5 days since my failed activation . Sent in Service ticket last thursday and PM to a mod yesterday but nothing happening.....

kevinl

yes I know, the forgotten password link says my email is not recognized. I used my number to try to create another account not log in. 

mike390

If you cant login, try the forgot password link and use the email you think you signed up with.  Your username is your Email, not your phone number. 

kevinl

I also sent a message on friday to mods and still nothing. I received the text saying the port is completed but I can't log in to account or register using the phone number so I can add plan. Please help. 

Penguin

Thank you so much! It works now 🙂

a_mumtaz

I have been also waiting for a few days. I have some really important calls that are suppose to be coming in but I can't attend because my number is not bieng ported. I transferred from FIDO. I have sent you a PM. Please help. How come there are only TWO people on this case with so many customers? 

outtarice

Yes, I am aware of that link have provided the details of my account and port details in the PM to the mods.

Still waiting.....

scottl

@iwearsuits

none.

sent first e-mail (via web forms on PM site) with details around 1 pm Friday.

Auto-reply advised I could expect a response in 48 hours.

In 48 hours joined here and tried messaging a moderator.

pushing another 48 hours, and now seeing charge on my credit card.

outtarice

I'm trying to port my Fongo number to PM with no success.

Tried multiple times during activation, but each time it failed, I just went ahead and activated with a new number.

Tried porting through the self-serve since Thursday, but keep getting "We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance."

I PMed the mod, but have had no response or acknowledgement of receiving the message.

When should I be able to get some help?

There's no point of a good plan if I can't port my number.

HELP PLEASE!!

iwearsuits

Have you recieve any information regarding a fix?

scottl

this is exactly my situation (since Friday morning).

good luck.

iwearsuits

I applied for the plan. Entered my sim # as well payment info, I got a new phone number as suggested for koodo users. On confirmation I saw a generic error however I was still charged for the plan. I received the email stating my plan detail and price, however, I can't access my selfserve account. When I put in the sim, I do not have any calling or data service. @Shazia_K

Rockdaddy22
It's funny most of the failed ports are due to wrong info provided. I feel PM should make the old account number mandatory when porting. People wanting to sign up, please just provide the correct ACCOUNT number forget the pin and imei

Kuriby

I tried signing up for public mobile. Using a ported number from Wind Mobile.

Everything was filled out correctly.

Public mobile has charged me, but I got a failed activation message. I can't even login to my account. I also never got any verifcation emails either. 

I have now lost all service to my ported number from the previous provider (wind). Public mobile is still not working. 

I just created this account so I could ask for help on the forums.

This is the message I recieved "- Sorry, your account activation request has failed. Please visit our online community at href=" https://publicmobile.ca/community" Target="_blank">publicmobile.ca/community for assistance."

Please help me. 

angrypmcustomer

Awesome. Thank you!

@angrypmcustomer

Sure! I will get to you shortly!

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

tsyip88

Yes, unfortunately my port seemed to have failed too. It seems like a common issue. Hopefully @Shazia_K or one of the other moderators could help soon. I feel like activating your SIM card with a new number and then transfering over to an existing number should be the standard process just in case the activation fails the first time. 

angrypmcustomer

Hey @Shazia_K Can you also please assist me? I've sent you a PM! 🙂 

Need Help? Let's chat.