cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone

CC01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can I transfer my home phone number that I had for 22 years + to my cell phone with public mobile?

6 REPLIES 6

@CC01 wrote:

Can I transfer my home phone number that I had for 22 years + to my cell phone with public mobile?

Without knowing which city this phone number is from, nobody can accurately answer this question. Public Mobile also has to offer phones numbers for that same city/"rate centre" as your current phone number or that number can't be transfered/ported to Public Mobile.  I do not recommend simply activating a new phone number and hoping for the best.  While you probably can transfer your phone number to Public Mobile, there's also some other possibilties including your phone number not being transferable to Public Mobile or of you possibily being in an area that Public Mobile doesn't advertise as having network coverage.  

Which city is your phone number from?

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@esjliv I was using my phone when I did that lol,,,,,,,,,,,

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

I ran out of breath reading that @MrSpock  - LOL   (i am referring to no punctuation and reading it without stopping/pausing)

@CC01 

Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

See helpful info. about transferring/porting here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

edit to add...you can check to see if your number can be ported from this Koodo website (Telus owns Koodo and Public Mobile), so, same allowances here:

https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal

Note, once you port your landline to your public mobile cell account, the number you are using now with public mobile is no longer your number and it is gone; but you'll have your number you had for 22 years.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CC01 yes you can go into your self-serve account under change number go to transfer a wire or wireless line you can do it there your public number that you have now will stay active until landline is transferred as with all providers it takes 3 to 4 days in order for transfer to complete you will know when your landline is dead and it’s operating on your cell phone they may  call to confirm transfer have a great day If you were just activating a line with public mobile take a temporary number first and then do it in your self-serve account under change number like I mentioned

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Yes, you can. You have to open PM account first, pick any number and when all services are confirmed to be working as expected, initiate porting of your home number (land line).

Need Help? Let's chat.