cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday Bonus International Calling

alyssar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I call someone in another country using the 500 minutes of International calling from the holiday bonus, would they get charged as well?

Also - shoutout to Public Mobile for the Holiday bonus, super cool of them!

4 REPLIES 4

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@HALIMACS wrote:

@popping 

One would hope - however the world is a big place and there are many jurisdictions with varying rules which may vary from typical North American communication providers and regulator rules.

I took the question much more broadly -  the recipient may be on a minute limited plan for both incoming and outgoing calls or pays airtime charges.   

Agree.  But we are talking about the "long distance" charge.  If someone do not have regular minutes to receive a call, the phone call will not be connected.

@popping 

One would hope - however the world is a big place and there are many jurisdictions with varying rules which may vary from typical North American communication providers and regulator rules.

I took the question much more broadly -  the recipient may be on a minute limited plan for both incoming and outgoing calls or pays airtime charges.   

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@alyssar wrote:

If I call someone in another country using the 500 minutes of International calling from the holiday bonus, would they get charged as well?

Also - shoutout to Public Mobile for the Holiday bonus, super cool of them!

No charge as long as they have at least unlimited incoming minutes for answering your call from Canada.  It is a rule that the caller pays the long distance charge.

There is no long distance charge for answering a phone call from any where around the world.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @alyssar 

It's doubtful they would be charged, but that would entirely depend on the terms of their cellular plan with their cellular provider.

EDIT: For added clarity,  @alyssar , they would not be subject to charges from Public Mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.