Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Helpful Suggestions for New Community forum members

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

This might be helpful for new members:

The PM community forum members are mostly fellow PM customers.  We have no access to account information.  Most active members have more knowledge and experience with Public mobile and are able to provide help/advice and hopefully solve your problem. 

Moderators are Public mobile employees who do have access to your account, but it takes time to get moderator help. There is no call centre or live chat feature with Public mobile. Many issues do not need moderator intervention.

A few helpful suggestions:

Try asking your question first with SIMon, the virtual 24/7 assistant.  Or you can search the online help database.  Many questions can be answered with this first step 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

If you still have not able to find your answer, you can post a thread on the forum. Easier to start your own thread than asking a question on a previous thread (especially an older threat). 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/ask-a-question-on-the-community

When posting your question, please provide as much detail as possible to your situation.  Remember: community members have no access to your account. A few basic information: new versus old customer, account status active versus suspended, model of phone. what have you tried so far, did the service work before, etc. The more information, the better help that you will receive.

Once you post your question, stay on the forum longer for at least another 5-10 minutes.  Usually, others will respond within a few minutes and a lot of times will require further clarification.  If you just leave the forum immediately after posting question, it will take longer to solve your problem. 

If community members can’t help or solve your problem, then you will likely need to contact moderator. It usually takes a few hours to up to 1-2 days for respond depending on the workload.  It is not a live chat system.  

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

1. Ticketing system - faster response time

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

or

2 Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Anyone else with other suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7

@treefrogAs long as you remember to do it!

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I asked about tagging in the community discussion thread and @ShawnC13 explained that by adding tags (key words ) to a post makes it easier for you to find posts when using the search bar.  You can do this to both your own posts and others that you want to find. I'm so happy I found this out now instead of six months from now!

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks @Dunkman I have found that by searching from within the help articles usually gets you a better and more targeted response https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Well said @Dunkman !

@Dunkman 

Excellent thread topic....and post listing the basics of getting community help.

The search bar can be your best friend. If youre new.....the search engine scans the topic titles of posts which are often a question. If you type in the form of a question with the main subject/topic of your query you will have closely related post/threads pop up.....but don't pick one....tap "go/next" on your keyboard so the whole list of possible threads/answers will appear to scan thru....if the solution to thread you chose doesnt answer your question press the back button to get back to the list of threads.

The same theory applies if your not new but seeking an answer for another user that you may not have the knowledge or expertise to answer. Think as the member posting the question for the first time and the key words they might use in the subject line. Consider this when you have awarded a solution especially for the more unique problems and solutions. I have gone back and made minor changes to titles to make them easier to search.

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I'm new to public mobile but the one time I needed help I had several suggestions within a couple of minutes even though it was like 10 pm. I did need a moderator and after having trouble with the Chabot I just sent all my account info and told them I needed a new password. Just before bed i popped online and was surprised to see a message. The moderator had already given me a temporary password so i could reset mine at 2 am! Really awesome service!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

This community forum is not like other forums(fora) with little traffic.  Members are here to help you with your issues.  It is a must to stay on this forum to supply more info if asked.  You will be surprised how quickly that we can solve your problem.

Need Help? Let's chat.