cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! zero balance, how do i get back up and running?

rizzer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey, suddenly horrified by the user experience of this.  I've been cut off with little to no context from public mobile.  I realize i must have went over my 12gb/90 days, but theres no clear path to get back up and running????? i dont see the package available that i have autorenew turned on for.  my work depends on my data plan, can an admin please msg me about this? thanks, Luke

17 REPLIES 17

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @rizzer,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Sorry to hear that you've been cut off from consuming data. This typically occurs when you have fully consumed all of the allocated data, and the only way to regain services is by activating a data add-on.

If you're unable to log into the self-serve, please clear your cache/cookies and try again. Should you need any further assistance, please provide me with your phone number via private message.

Respectfully,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@rizzer,

Let me ask, did you do any research through the Knowledge Base, the forums, and the website in general before you decided to sign up?

I spent months investigating this service, so I knew what I was getting into, and was comfortable making the jump.

Sure, I too had some issues to begin with, but they were resolved very quickly.

Not everything in life is simple, sometimes you need to put the effort into it.

rizzer

its a flat out unnacceptable user experience, guys.  Its absolutely unintuitive.  I know thats why you guys are so affordable.  But you dont meet the customers needs the way it is currently set up.

It's not a glitch, it's just that in order to buy anything on this service, you must add funds first.

So, if the funds have become available in your self-serve, go select the addon you wish to purchase.

Because you didn't have all or any funds available, the system directed you to the payment process first.

@rizzer  should be pretty quick.

And i believe that is a glitch they are working on to correct, because you are correct it doesnt sound propeer.

rizzer

well that feels like insanely unintuitive. but i have done it. restarting device now.  will it take a while from here still?

usually add ons are a 2 step process. First you click the add on to add funds to your account, then once the funds are added you add the add on again 

rizzer

how i wasnt sent an autotext with a link to a top up plan is beyond me

rizzer

nope.  purchased 10 min ago, restarted device, hasnt come into effect yet.

@rizzer  you are trying to check the "add-on" usage which im guessing you haven't purchased yet?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

if you are close to your renewal date, you can message a mod and ask them to manually renew your promo plan.  sometimes this is better option than buying the data addon.

@rizzer, as this is a public forum you may want to edit that picture and remove your phone number from it.  yes as stated you have two options purchase a data addon or wait until the renewal of your plan.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

rizzer

when i go to look at my data useage, from a company thats only point of contact with its customer base is their web site: Screenshot 2017-05-05 10.03.11.png

yea its pretty hefty price for 1gb, but on the bright side if you don't use it all, it will roll over.

i agree that the add ons are expensive. $30 for 1gb is too much

rizzer

only my data would have ran out.  wow $30/gig is an insane markup.  i will try that though....

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@rizzer  Are you saying your data has run out?  But hte rest of your services are working?

PM usually sends a text when you have reached 90 or 95% of your usage.

If you need data immediately, you'll have to purchase one of the data addons which you can do in self serve without the help of a moderator.

Data

200MB for $10 and 1GB for $30. Any unused data will roll over to your next cycle.
Need Help? Let's chat.