cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! trying to become a Public Mobile customer but can't complete activation

swhite18
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I loaded by sim card, filled out the first page of the activation online, went to the 2nd page and chose to keep my existing number, entered it, hit "check eligibility", up pops the form to fill out with old provide account number, equipment SN, etc.  BUT, the field for the old provide equipment serial number won't accept anything... so try to back out, try searching for this topic in the community, can't see anything so think its my browser (was on safari), try another browser but can't use the SIM card because its recognizing it as being reserved in my other open session.  I have tried quitting, closing, shutting down ... still can't start another session.  Tried copy pasting the url for the open page with the registration from safari to chrome... not working either.  Register onto community, try private messaging.. don't understand that because how do you know who's taking private messages or not.  Go back to try again (maybe its been enough time that the reserved session has timed out), and now I can't enter my email user name - won't accept it and its telling my SIM card is invalid.  I can't do anything.  Can you reset it? how do we fix this?  its such as simple self serve activation process but it failed at one field so don't want to repeat that. I can't do anything right now.

14 REPLIES 14

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

@mali, I'd be glad to assist you with your account activation inquiry. I sent you a private message, please get back to me with the information I requested so we can sort this out.

Cheers,

Aïssata

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mali

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Some good posts/reads:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-") to find some great posts and answers to many common questions

mali
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need help activating a sim , the money has been deducted from the my credit card but the sim won't work. Please tell me how to reach the moderators @ShawnC13@swhite18 @mimmo

@devriesg, which provider is your phone from and what sim code are you talking about?  The number on the SIM card?  To unlock a phone you need to contact the provider where you got it from as they can unlock the phone for you.  If it is a Telus/Koodo phone PM can unlock that for you but it isn't required to use those phones on this network

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

devriesg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i put in the SIM code given to me to unlock my phone but it won't unlock the phone.

swhite18

Thanks ... just tried it all again after clearing cookies and waiting... it finally worked, porting at Step 2.  

mimmo

The reason it is suggested to do it as two steps is incase there is an error during activation

Anonymous
Not applicable

@swhite18, I am guessing that @will13am mean optional field.

swhite18

Thanks.  What's an "Optimal O" field?

such a great feature to add the option to port the number during the process - really disappointing to have the recommendation to be to skip that and do later... not really feeling confident that its going to be any easier after the fact either and I don't want to risk having a different mobile number for any length of time... making me reconsider this whole decision to go with Public Mobile.. i'll try once more

swhite18

Thanks for the instructions but if you are just in the process of signing up with the activation form, you don't have  user name/account/pin yet... so its a vicious circle...  I will try the cookies thing and see if that works.

@mimmowrote:

@will13am. Do you know anything about this session issue bug that has been happening?

First time I ever heard of that.  I have seen reports of the process being interrupted at a point where there is no return.  

mimmo

@will13am. Do you know anything about this session issue bug that has been happening?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@swhite18, for porting, only the old provider account number and name on the account is required.  OptimalO fields should be left blank.  I strongly suggest taking a temporary number first and then doing the port after the account is set up.

mimmo

I've seen the session thing happen a couple times.  Not sure what the solution was thoygh.  Someone mentioned clearing cookies.

You can also try asking mods.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.