cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Porting issue!!

cree_sanderson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I switched service providers almost a week ago and I tried to keep my old number but I still cannot receive calls! I can text, make calls and I have data. But when someone tries to call me it goes straight to voicemail. I also lost my old sim card so I can't check if I can still receive calls with my old provider. I've also turned my phone off and on, I've taken out my sim card and put it back in. I've read through many discussions, talked to the Simon robot and it all points to contacting a moderator. I have been trying to message a moderator but I seem to be unable to from my cellphone (I don't have a computer). I just need Help! Should I give up and change numbers? Or go back to my old provider?

11 REPLIES 11

Lucky you remembered your PIN. Many people forget it if they change their voicemail PIN.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Chicklets
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Luddite. I've been super happy here at PM but I need tons of Canada-Wide calling and more data right now.  Maybe when I retire, I'II be back. It's been a blast here and I wish everyone here HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!!!

PS: It was only the 6 last digits. They only needed my pin to proceed. 

@Chicklets wrote:

Thanks for your help @Luddite I've been hibernating. To be honest I'm porting out to the 10 gb plan that I signed up for, but Telus refused the port because the account number was wrong. I gave them the last 6 digits but i guess I should of given all 14 digits

Yes, you will need to do that.

Have fun over there. Let us know what you think of their support vs PM's model; if you ever need it.

Come back anytime to sprinkle some "Bravos". Robot wink

Chicklets

Thanks for your help @Luddite I've been hibernating. To be honest I'm porting out to the 10 gb plan that I signed up for, but Telus refused the port because the account number was wrong. I gave them the last 6 digits but i guess I should of given all 14 digits

@Chicklets wrote:

What is my Public Mobile account # is it 6 digits or 10000000 plus 6 digits

@Chicklets Where have you been? Away having fun we hope. Robot LOL

Officially the latter, though the 10000000 is a part of every account # that I have seen (6).

Chicklets

What is my Public Mobile account # is it 6 digits or 10000000 plus 6 digits

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You should be able to get it resolved before the weekend.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cree_sanderson definitely sounds like a failed port.  Hopefully the moderators can help you out quickly.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

cree_sanderson
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you! I was finally able to send a message to the moderators. Now I wait lol

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Public Mobile does not have a call center, so online contact via private messaging is the only channel of communication.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Contact the Moderator_Team by clicking here.

In your message include:
- account email address , pin number if possible
- PM phone number
- explanation of what is happening or a link to this thread
- if its a porting issue include your sim number, old account name and account number

Need Help? Let's chat.