cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Cannot receive incoming SMS messages from time to time

S2000x
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am new to Public Mobile and just had the service for about 3 months now. In the last month I had issues of not receiving my incoming SMS messages. Once I do a soft reset by just turning off the phone and on, all my delayed incoming messages all came in at the same time. Is there a permanent solution then just constantly turning my phone off and on?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 🙂

8 REPLIES 8

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@S2000x wrote:

force stop, clear cache of messaging app. also try clearing data of messaging app in settings.

Thanks TMS! Ill try that now. Hopefully this doesnt happen again in the future. Hard reset will be my last choice for sure.

cheers! 😉

S2000x

force stop, clear cache of messaging app. also try clearing data of messaging app in settings.

Thanks TMS! Ill try that now. Hopefully this doesnt happen again in the future. Hard reset will be my last choice for sure.

S2000x

Thanks . I may just try doing a factory reset if all other solutions fail with my phone setup.

TMS

restore to default/factory if all else fails....good luck 🙂

TMS

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@S2000x wrote:

I am new to Public Mobile and just had the service for about 3 months now. In the last month I had issues of not receiving my incoming SMS messages. Once I do a soft reset by just turning off the phone and on, all my delayed incoming messages all came in at the same time. Is there a permanent solution then just constantly turning my phone off and on?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 🙂

This is sounding more like a hardware issue not connecting to network unless you do a soft reset.  @NDesai, you haven't experienced anything like this have you?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

S2000x

I am currently using a Google pixel XL. Just got this phone back in June. Hopefully its not my phone itself. ;(

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Could it be a possible hardware issue vs network?

What phone are you using?

Need Help? Let's chat.