cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having problems with my Samsung J3 Emerge phone

Lindsay79
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Okay I purchased a Samsung J3 Emerge phone from Amazon.  I got the Sim card from Walmart and set everything up.  When my phone turns on the phone tries to configure Service with an internal error of 12.  When I set up the APN is works great for awhile then the provider changes to Telus and then my phone can't do any texting.  I am getting frustrated, can someone please help me get this phone set up where I don't have to deal with this issue again.

2 REPLIES 2

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Lindsay79 wrote:

Okay I purchased a Samsung J3 Emerge phone from Amazon.  I got the Sim card from Walmart and set everything up.  When my phone turns on the phone tries to configure Service with an internal error of 12.  When I set up the APN is works great for awhile then the provider changes to Telus and then my phone can't do any texting.  I am getting frustrated, can someone please help me get this phone set up where I don't have to deal with this issue again.

I would think this is more of a hardware issue than a network issue.  Is there a sub-model number for this phone?  Could it be a defective phone?  Can you put in another SIM and see if it still does crazy things?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You could try going into your network settings and do a manual network search for public mobile. When it comes up chose it. It shouldn't go to Telus. 

Need Help? Let's chat.