cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have no network access

jdl902
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone sees the Public Mobile network and is getting almost full bars but with an exclamation mark. Texts aren't going in or out and when I try dialing a call it immediately shows "call ended".  People trying to call me get an "out of service" message.  When I'm on a wi-fi network data works fine.

I've checked system software through the settings menu and it says everything is up to date.  Tried multiple reboots and removing/replacing the sim card, no joy!

14 REPLIES 14

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello Pawel, 

Thank you for reaching out to us.

In order to assist you, please send to us a Private Message?

For more information about how to use the Community service, please refer to this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Changes-to-our-Support-structure/m-p/16....

Cheers

Abdoulaye

Pawel
I need help! I cannot receive calls or make calls out on my phone, my data does not work as well. I updated my credit card in for and I have a zero balance on my account.

jdl902

Yep, everything is working now, thanks!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Great news, thanks @Shazia_K!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @srlawren

Yes, I was able to fix things for @jdl902, initially, there was an error on his account and our technical team was able to fix right away. 

@jdl902, can you reboot your phone, please? everything should be working fine. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

srlawren

@jdl902 hopefully @Shazia_K has gotten back to you with some assistance.  Please give us an update when you get a moment so we know how it's going.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @jdl902

Thank your for following @imm1304 suggestion and sending me a detailed private message. 

Please let me look into this and I will get back to you shortly. 

Thanks, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

imm1304

Sorry the community can't do much else.  One of the moderators, however, will be able to sort this out quickly in the morning when they are online.  

To speed up the process, send a private message to @Shazia_K with the new PM account number, sim card number.. also provide the number porting details.  

Try reinstalling your Koodo SIM; you may still have service until your port in completes. Do not cancel you Koodo account; that will happen automatically.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

jdl902

Yep, can confirm it says the plan is active.  No luck with the SIM card change either.

imm1304

Hi @jdl902!

Looks like your new line activation didn't complete.  

Can you sign into your selfserve and verify that account status says active?

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

If it says active, click on "Plans and Add-ons" and then on "Change sim" .  Try to re-enter your new PM sim card's serial number and update.  Reboot the phone.  

If this doesn't work, you will need one of the moderators to sort this out for you.

@Shazia_K@Mary_M

jdl902

I just joined and had a number ported from Koodo.  I checked my IMEI before purchasing the plan and it looked like I would be fine.  I'm using a Moto XT1032 with Android 5.1 patched to 2016-03-01.

I can't remember if I received a welcome text.  If I did it's deleted.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Hello @jdl902

a few quick questions.

is your phone unlocked (or locked to Telus)

is it compatible with the Telus network bands

did you get a txt message on activation, saying welcome to PublicMoibile?

It sounds like a SIM error, or wrong phone technology to me at the moment, but your answers may solve it 🙂

srlawren

Hi @jdl902,

Sorry, I'm going to have to ask for some more info. Please bear with me.

First off:  did you just activate, or are you an existing customer that was previously working fine but suddenly stopped?  If you're new, did you port in an existing number from another provider, or just start with a new number?

Secondly:  Have you confirmed that your phone is compatible with at least the 850MHz and 1900MHz 3G frequencies?  Have you confirmed that it's either carrier unlocked, OR, locked to either Telus or Koodo networks is fine too.  If you've confirmed all this, what is the brand and model number of your phone?  (Please be as specific as possible--many phones have several sub-models or variations, only some of which are compatible with Public Mobile's network).

Need Help? Let's chat.