cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have credit but can't change plan and can't reactivate service

kathogens
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was a day late adding credit to my account, so it's now suspended. I have enough credit for the plan I'm attempting to change to, but I keep getting an error message: "Sorry! We weren't able to process your request. Please try again later." I've been trying for over 12 hours.

Public Mobile happily took my money 5 days ago, yet I still don't have service. First, the website was down and I couldn't do anything, now it's finally up again, and I still can't do anything. How long is one supposed to wait for a mod to get back to them?? I'm all for self-serve, but the self-serve clearly doesn't actually work. How can I get my account working today?

5 REPLIES 5

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

glad you got your issue solved. Wish you had a better expereince. 

kathogens

Apparently public messages are more effective than private ones. A mod has finally contacted me back. Now that my account is active again, I'll get the number ported to another service that charges the same amount but has actual customer service to go along with the product. Definitely not impressed with PM's "self-serve" that doesn't allow users to make changes independently, especially with the rate hikes that are now equivalent to what other companies charge. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Once messaged with your account info the mods are typically good at replying within an hour or so.

@CS_Agent  are you able to look into this.

kathogens

I've already done that. The point is that one shouldn't have to wait for a Mod to do something that should be a self-serve option. My question wasn't what to do but how long is is reasonable to wait. Public Mobile has had my money for over 5 days now and I couldn't contact a Mod because the site was down. Now that I can, no one is getting back to me. If they're going to take money from customers, they need to provide the service that has been paid for.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@kathogens, sorry to hear you are having some problems.  If your plan is suspended and you want to change plans only a MOD can do that when it is suspended. 

You will need to message a MOD for assistance, click on this link Moderator Team
to send a private message .
In your message please include:
* PM account email address
* SIM card number(if available)
* PM phone number
* Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.