cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going to switch to Koodo anyways

shawnie_boy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Anyone here think maybe the switch to Koodo is the better choice now anyways? 

I think i will do it. My 3 month is just about due by March 15, the plan is almost the same (i pay on average now $37 on PM). Koodo will give me $100 and $50 referral credit.  Sure I’ll lose out on rollover and call forwarding but maybe I can negotiate further with Koodo. 

8 REPLIES 8

shaner82
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yep, I'm switching.  Going to burn through the $100 credit, then switch to Rogers.  I'm done with Telus.  I wrote Bell off 15 years ago and haven't used them since.  Telus is also now on the **bleep** list.  No more Telus or Bell ever again, no matter the deal/promo!

Yes, I am the type of person to cut my nose off just to spite my face, but if more people were like me, companies would actually be scared to upset their customers.  

Telus apparently has no problem screwing over their customers

Zod
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm considering it.  I don't have near the credits other people have.  I currently get $3 off for 1 year of loyalty, and autobilling.

If I wait until the last day and port over, I lose a month of prepaid, but would still come ahead with credits with Koodo.   It would get me month to month, which means It leaves me open to port out somewhere else.  It's pretty hard to be in a position to port out with public mobile.  Unless you find a great offer right before your 90 days expires, you're alway stuck leaving money on the table.

My phone is also getting old (Galaxy s5 which is almost four years old) so I've been thinking of getting a new phone which is pretty hard to do in Canada without doing it through a cell provider.  Beeing on Koodo might make that easier.

It's really that first sentence from the public mobile post.   Keeps me wondering if I don't take this deal, if it will be worse down the road.  

IE if the eliminate all the credits, they aren't really breaking there word, and you're no further ahead staying on public mobile.

If they had a Mobile Carrier, The Green Mile, I might join them

Hen555
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Like Dave said our plans will be gone some time and the time is not now. 

Now why would ANYONE fly the Koup?

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@shawnie_boywrote:

Anyone here think maybe the switch to Koodo is the better choice now anyways? 

I think i will do it. My 3 month is just about due by March 15, the plan is almost the same (i pay on average now $37 on PM). Koodo will give me $100 and $50 referral credit.  Sure I’ll lose out on rollover and call forwarding but maybe I can negotiate further with Koodo. 

@shawnie_boy I would say is better for you, kill 2 birds with one stone, if in future you are thinking to run a Tab, you can with PM no Tab, keep us updated for the $50 referral credit, I might moved 1 line to Koodo also, thinking the same

shawnie_boy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Where does it say u can’t? I’ve seen the terms they are separate items. Other plans have the $100 off too but with a tab and they would be eligible. I think one could just complain if they don’t get the referral and Koodo would need to prove based on its terms why you wouldn’t be eligible. 

The $100 bonus is to subsidize people who are losing time on PM

methyl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Where did you see that you can combine the promo code and referral?

Even though people talk about doing it i haven't seen any written confirmation that its possible to combine the two. 

Need Help? Let's chat.