cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting calls made to another number

ctbmacdonald
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a Public Mobile phone number in Alberta.  Let's call is #1.

A business in Alberta I am not associated with has a phone number in Alberta.  Let's call that #2.  Not sure if it's Public Mobile or even a cell phone.  

The numbers are even close to one another. Area codes 587 (#2) and 825 (#1).

When someone calls #2, I get the call on #1.

I tried calling #2 from my home number.  Crazy enough, I get the call on #1.

When I call #2 from the phone with #1, I get a message similar to "A business line.  The number you called is associated with your device.  Please try calling the number from another device."  It's not exact, but that's the general idea.

I have reached out to the business via another phone number I found.  No response yet.

Anyone help?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

@ctbmacdonald 

Actually one of the numbers i have ported over to Fongo and forwarded to my Publicmobile cell so that my family in that province can reach me locally. If i call it from my cell i get neither Publicmobile nor Fongo voicemail but the original providers system. And the crazy thing is that i can leave a message to the system where i have no hope if retrieving. Forwarding across the systems and bouncing off calls doesn't go as expected and it's not smooth at all. It may still be just a simple forward

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

I have forwarded my phone to somebody else by accident instead of the landline i was at. It took me almost a whole day to realize, i hope they didn't get too many calls for me. If that's the case I'm not sure moderators would be able to help. How long has it been?

ctbmacdonald

That would be an easy answer, but I don't think that's the case.

I have forwarded my home number to my cell.  When I call my home number from my cell, I get my voicemail.  In my situation, I get a very robotic error message.

I appreciate the help!  Thanks.

ctbmacdonald

Message to moderator sent.  Thank you.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ctbmacdonald 

I wonder if it's at all possible that calls to the #2 number are being forwarded (in error by someone within #2's business offices) to your #1 number?

Maybe they set up a call-forward and used YOUR number in error?

Try contacting the company via website or other telephone number which may be associated with it...

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.