cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get eSIM QR code for Galaxy S22?

Dthomp01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm trying to activate service, and am currently using an eSIM with another provider. The eSIM setup in Public is all through the app though and this process doesn't work on my S22. 

Is there a way to activate with a QR code eSIM as on every other provider?

@CS_Agent 

10 REPLIES 10

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Dthomp01 

Thanks for your reply. FYI....i was activating a referral's S22 Ultra and after a boondoggle of an activation eventually I was able to install the esim.

Dthomp01

No @maximum_gato , I ended up buying a physical SIM. 

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Dthomp01 

Did support end up sending you a QR code?

Dthomp01

Thanks @esjliv , I already have a chat request open with them. I had reached out to the community first just in case there was a quick fix, and I'm still waiting on the CS agent to get past the "restart your phone" level of debug. I did see on another thread that an eSIM QR code was sent on request and I'm hoping I can get one as well. I know I've used a couple of eSIMs with this phone, though all added by scanning a QR code and not auto-magically added via an app.

@Dthomp01 wrote:

Thank you @esjliv , the article you link to would be useful, lists Samsung Galaxy S20 or newer. My problem though is that I can't activate the eSIM through the Public Mobile app. It's an app problem, not a phone compatibility problem. 

@Dthomp01 - likely a public mobile issue. Ask Public customer support about it and have them fix this for you.

­­­Public Mobile Representatives customer support­­­ agents (CSA) can be contacted by either two methods, found here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

Dthomp01

Thank you @esjliv , the article you link to would be useful, lists Samsung Galaxy S20 or newer. My problem though is that I can't activate the eSIM through the Public Mobile app. It's an app problem, not a phone compatibility problem. 

@Dthomp01 if it didn't detect, then it might not work.

I got a S22 and I tested it, it detected my eSIM

message support and check with them first

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Dthomp01  - here are some Help Articles regarding eSims. Is there information here that helps you proceed?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/subscribing

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/eSIM-FAQs

Dthomp01

@softech wrote:

@Dthomp01   which step you got stuck?

did the app detect you have an eSIM compatible phone and let you activate eSIM?  or you passed that setup stage and just cannot activate in the end?

Yes, we saw post about CS agent sent another QR code for activation.  If you passed the initial account and plan setup stage and just stuck at the final activation on the device, message them and ask:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

During setup, my IMEI wasn't found/recognized so I proceeded with setup without checking the eSIM. I assumed that since I was using an eSIM already that it would be compatible.  I didn't know that the Public app had to do the installing. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Dthomp01   which step you got stuck?

did the app detect you have an eSIM compatible phone and let you activate eSIM?  or you passed that setup stage and just cannot activate in the end?

Yes, we saw post about CS agent sent another QR code for activation.  If you passed the initial account and plan setup stage and just stuck at the final activation on the device, message them and ask:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.