cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic error message when trying to port number

GC411
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Good morning everyone,

I activated my PM account about 10 days ago and am now trying to port over my number from Telus (it's a prepaid account as well). I've tried three times using the "Transfer Phone Number" page from myaccount.publicmobile.ca and it has errored out each time with the generic message: "We are unable to transfer your phone number at the moment. Sorry for the inconvenience." Could it be some bugs are still being ironed out from this weekend's update or maybe I'm doing something wrong. When asked for the IMEI, I'm using the IMEI that currently has my Telus sim card. The PM sim card is in an older phone I only use for testing. Was I supposed to use the IMEI of that phone instead?

Thanks for any help.

4 REPLIES 4

GC411

I just tried porting the number over by using my Telus account number instead of the IMEI and I got a message from Telus so it appears to be working.

GC411

Trying to avoid opening a service ticket I just tried to initiate the transfer process again (using the Telus account number). Unfortunately this time when I entered my existing Telus number I got the message "Phone number not eligible for port". I suspect it got blocked out because of the previous failed attempts. I hope this isn't a permanent situation. I guess I'm going to have to open a service ticket after all. Thanks for the help.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@GC411 !ignore the IMEI it’s not needed just the Telus account number is needed . Please submit ticket with support to help 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @GC411 

so, your account with PM is active and working and you just need to bring in Telus number?

no worries, will work for sure.  You just need support agent to help out, please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.