Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GLITCH

Martin
Legend
Legend

To PM Team Members:

My next plan payment date is May 3; however, the service status in my online account says expired. Though it says expired, I am able to use my phone to call *611 and a long-distance number. *611 does not state that my service has expired, been suspended, etc.

I have $60 in my account; yet it is untouched.
Last month, I also had $60, but my service was expired at 12:42 am when I posted.

In this case, I will post about 12:15 am regarding the status of my account.

It is now about 12:15 am. According to *611, my service has been temporarily suspended. After hearing that announcement, I made 2 error-free long-distance calls to the USA.

8 REPLIES 8

Mansi_G
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi @Martin - Thanks for providing the details of the issue. It has been escalated and currently under investigation. From what I identified, there should be no impact to incoming and outgoing calls due to this. 

Martin
Legend
Legend

At 1:13 pm today, May 3, I received an SMS, thanking me for making payment. According to message details, it was sent at 12:03 pm.

As noted above, at about 1:15 pm, I called *611 and was informed of my new payment date. At the time of the call, I was unaware of the SMS.

Does that mean that, for close to 12 hours, my account was in suspended status? If so, what message did my callers receive?

Oh? OK that's understandable. I haven't had that issue, so far, and I also have a Huge Surplus Credit Bal, Not owing, But Credit when I did the Transition from May 9 2014 one year ago. Plenty of $$$ In the system. Haven't used it, using Auto-pay, because, If PM were, per say, to bring back the Best stuff, with a Wallet to Boot, I have $$$ that's sitting there for that and I would NOT have to use additional $$$ from my CC to pay additional. I have a couple Hundred $$$ in the system. I feel so Gleeful

Martin
Legend
Legend
makkahn28,

I had a credit of $60 due to my being double-billed last month. To ensure that the problem did not occur again, I disabled auto-pay.

@Martin, You use vouch, or Card-Based Auto-pay method? If Card-based, hard to determine, since unlike Debit, charges do not appear instantaneous on CC online, But Should show on PM's system, guessing between midnight and 12:10am, since if there is insufficient funds, all use of services ceases stop almost immediate

Martin
Legend
Legend
At approximately 1:15 pm, May 3, I called *611 and was informed of my new payment date, thus meaning that my service was no longer suspended.

I have no idea how long my service was suspended.

My major concern is this: During the time that my service was suspended but I was still able to make outgoing calls, would I have been able to receive incoming calls? If not, then the system requires improvement because my service should never have been suspended, as I had sufficient funds in my account.

Martin
Legend
Legend

It is now 12:25 am, May 3. I just finished visiting my online account. The $60 is still there, untouched. It now says that my plan has expired. So does *611. That notwithstanding, I am still able to make long-distance calls.

It is now 5:28 am, May 3. According to my online account, my service is still suspended, and my plan expired. I didn't attempt to make any calls as my SIM-based phone is still recharging.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire
@Martin, I know exactly what your stating.
On my last 2 previous bill cycles, similar messages I saw in Self serve. It will update I think sometime tomorrow morning. As long as handset functions, plan is definitely renewed. All the same, I think Public Mobile needs to fully correct the system to avoid ppl getting confused on this
Need Help? Let's chat.