cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustration with "paper"/pdf invoice: PM claims it needs 30 days!

MVP
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Here is the problem:

For some reason I need to obtain a pdf invoice from PM for the last half-year.

I asked mods to generate one for me on Jan 21, i.e. 2 weeks ago. I  asked that

I need it by Feb 1,  i.e. in more than in a week, which is resonable in my opinion.

The first response from the mods was that they need "up to 30 days".

Really? Seriously? 🙂 To generate one page?

I've tried to insist that I need it much sooner than that, in several follow-up messages with  the mods, but the best response was a polite brush-off.

I'm wondering what is the other users' experience with that, including timelines, and if there any ways to accelerate the process. I really need my invoice like a week ago!

13 REPLIES 13

@MVP if you think you might need other invoices in the future, you might want to consider paying with vouchers, since you get a receipt right when you buy them at the store... 

MVP

Soooo.. 3 weeks ending, no response/invoice from PM...

Hey, PM, time to stop dragging your feet! 🙂

My apologies.  I'm was post from my mobile device.  Combine an elderly Android and ancient browser (which really struggles with a few particular websites, including this one) with a puny keyboard and a dash of my compulsive precision and ... well ... lots of edits and re-edits and page loads before I'm happy with my posts haha.

In the interest of halting notification floods I'll let things slide now and reserve edits/revisions only for the most necessary situations.  Expect some sloppy contributions!

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

A little off topic, but @Korth for next time may I ask you to check the satisfaction of your reply before you post? This morning I had 7 notifications in my email and I thought there are 7 replies to this topic. But it was only your 1 reply edited 6 times.

I basically only log into my account whenever "Public Mobile here..." reminds me that it's that time again, lol.  While there, I screenshot the history.

In Windows, this is: Snipping Tool or PrntScrn, Paint, Save As (filename).

Not the most convenient method, but there's no other way.  Can't use any online or offline apps to capture/convert the page contents into a file because it's session-sensitive https.

I recommend PM installs the usual export doc/pdf or email doc/pdf to ... components on the user account page so that users can obtain their own copies (download and save them directly, or have them sent to their PM-registered email accounts) without constantly bugging the PM staff, lol.  This can even be limited (one request per day, or whatever) to reduce server overheads.  At worst, a delay of a few hours or one business day is still better than a delay of up to ~30 days.

This is a pretty standard feature for online banking, online billing, paypal, etc, any site which involves moving real money around should provide the user a "one click" method of retaining a "permanent" copy - logon to any such site to see examples, lol.  Makes customers (and external auditors) happy.

Acekiller

judging by the speed that it takes to fix some of the bugs, 30 days are comparatively quick.

MVP

Thanks for your input folks. I'm at the mark of two weeks already, so hope my invoice arrives today/tomorrow.

I'm not running business, just need an invoice for a particular personal reason.

ute1978

Knowing and accepting that Public Mobile does not create invoices in the self serve account, I do not have any problems with this missing feature. I knew what I was signing up to.

In my opinion if someone has a business and relies on invoices then Public Mobile is not the right choice to go with.

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It took them almost 30 days to get mine. I requested a copy in early January 2018 for the month of December 2017 and I received it via email in late January 2018. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Took 2 weeks for mine.

since they need to do it manually by staff and take the request in and so on.  It will be slow for them.  Not sure how it works behind the scene, but apparently they dont put this into high priority.   This is a no frill service, many things are missing. Smiley Happy

MVP

wrote:

I have seen lots of complaints on this forum about invoicing.  It's not one of the better features of this service.  Knowing that it takes this long, the only thing one can do is allocate sufficient time.  

Thanks for chiming in! The problem is I did not know (could not even imagine!),

that producing a one-page invoice would take 30 days. 

Well, wishful thinking or not, but I believe it is a good idea for PM to publish (and frequently update according to the current situation) some sort of "service timeline update" in the Announcements section. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have seen lots of complaints on this forum about invoicing.  It's not one of the better features of this service.  Knowing that it takes this long, the only thing one can do is allocate sufficient time.  

Need Help? Let's chat.