cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend's PM phone number not recognized for referral during SIM activation

alai7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My friend switched to PM on Saturday, so I'm using his number in the friend referral field during my SIM activation process but I keep getting this message: The number entered does not belong to a valid Public Mobile Subscriber.

Not sure what to do...can someone from PM help?

Thx

7 REPLIES 7

SP3CTRYS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Absolutely, all they would have to do is enter your number

alai7

thank you to everyone for their responses.

Do you guys know if i'd be able to refer my friend after I activate the SIM? My fido plan is ending soon and I want to change to PM before my new cycle starts.

thx!!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @alai7

I truly apologize for the inconvenience.

Due to a high volume, there is a delay in wait time but I assure you that someone will help you as long as a message was sent. 

Thank you,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

SP3CTRYS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Try variations of your friends number, including hyphons and the regional code for Canada it is 1

wingnut092

i had this issue originalliy as well trying to refer a friend who activated the day before i did... he initially had an issue with his port and was assigned a PM phone number but had to contact them on his own to have the phone number ported manually.  I waited a day and was able to reference his ported number so it might just be a time issue.... this was my experience anyway... good luck

alai7

thank you for your response, but @Saray_O has not responded my private message for 3 days. Is there someone else who can help?

Thanks!

PhoneSeeker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This seems to be a common problem. Please private message a moderator so they can add it to your account manually.

Click this mod's link @Saray_O and on the right hand side of the page, press "send this user a private message". 

Need Help? Let's chat.