cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom Mobile

jeffster1970
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I just wanted to share my experience that I had with Freedom Mobile; in particular, their $15 tablet plan. 

So I signed up for this - basically because my son needs a tablet anyway, so I got the new tablet for myself and gave him the Fido tablet. 

As far as speeds go -- my FM speed, typically, has been higher than Fido, but lower than PM. 

That said, FM still had dead/poor area's.  Fido also has some dead/poor areas (in comparison to PM) but for the most part, Fido usually works fine.  Basically, my FM tablet was useless in certain spots of my workplace (including the 1 lunch room where I'd use it the most). 

Part of my reasoning for getting this was for the potential (and now reality) of FM getting Apple's approval to sell iPhones PLUS their upgraded (upgrading) network.  Sadly, though, for FM, signal still struggles in some geographical and inside locations. Not that I am itching to leave PM, but FM still has 'unlimited' data, meaning that, while you can run out of full-speed Internet, you still got it, even if it's slow + nation wide calling. 

Still hoping competition heats up more...but it's realling going to depend on FM providing better coverage. 

3 REPLIES 3

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@jeffster1970, the coverage holes you allude to is the reason why I am here after suffering through 4.5 years with Wind.  I left before the LTE rollout.  I suspect the better latency has been a huge benefit.  When there is no signal, there is not much to talk about. 

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I had no issues with the FM throttled speed. I was still able to do the basic stuff. Sure, a video would toggle but e-mails, Facebook, WhatsApp, etc. would work just fine.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

I know other regions have offered "unlimited" data but slow speed after the high speed allotment is used. There are MANY complaints about the slow speed being virually useless for anything but email. So, be cautious with unlimited, or always on, data plans.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.