cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free international minutes

audreyty
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does the free add on minutes work for calls to the United States?

7 REPLIES 7

geraldo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I see. Well, thank you all for your replies. I assumed since they are pricier per minute than the US add-on, that if you wanted to use them on the US it would be acceptable.

@geraldo wrote:

I am in Canada trying to phone a US number, using my "300 International Long Distance Minutes" add-on, but getting the automatic voice message "Sorry, you can not complete this call, as you've used all available minutes."

I tried dialing with +1 in front, 001, and also just without any country code as if I was dialing a Canadian number

The current 300 international minute add-on that is $15 is different than the free one that Public Mobile has been given out for a few years in December.

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @audreyty   If you are talking about the Christmas Bonus long distance minutes.  Yes, it will work for calling US.  

And fyi, here is the full list of counties:

International Long Distance calling add-on covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela.

Some members believe the list is longer, so, you can try.  Since PM is prepaid, they won't charge you extra if it does not work

It's not just a beleif. The free add-ons works for many more countries and while I haven't tried all of the other countries that people have mentioned, the free add-ons work pretty much for the destinations of the paid international add-on as well. If the extra countries stop working one day, there's not really much customers could complain about, but the additional countries that calls are allowed to has been the case since the first free holiday theme free add-on was given out.

Hi @geraldo US has it own LD add-on.  The international one is for used to call other countries and I have posted the list above.

You used any of the 300 mins yet?  if not, you can ask PM CS agent to switch it to US LD addon for you 

geraldo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am in Canada trying to phone a US number, using my "300 International Long Distance Minutes" add-on, but getting the automatic voice message "Sorry, you can not complete this call, as you've used all available minutes."

I tried dialing with +1 in front, 001, and also just without any country code as if I was dialing a Canadian number

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @audreyty   If you are talking about the Christmas Bonus long distance minutes.  Yes, it will work for calling US.  

And fyi, here is the full list of counties:

International Long Distance calling add-on covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela.

Some members believe the list is longer, so, you can try.  Since PM is prepaid, they won't charge you extra if it does not work

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@audreyty 

Yes they do.

Need Help? Let's chat.