cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For Eversafe ID specific issues, our agents are currently unable to support a fix. Please hang tight

black_panther
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received the response in the subject line on Monday and it is day 4 now. I have received no update from public mobile yet. At this point, if I want to port my number to another provider what might be the process?

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@black_panther - when porting/transfering a phone number to a mobile company, it is the job of the new mobile company to arrange all the details of the port. There is usually no reason you need to let the old company (public in this case) know, unless you need to active the account or need access to your online account, and you are having issues doing this.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@black_panther 

i would suggest you reply to the pm and give them a hint that you are still waiting. They are probably busy and forgot to follow up on time.

Or just port out to another carrier.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@black_panther , if you’re going to port your phone number to another provider make sure to keep your Public Mobile SIM Card in your phone to reply YES to authorize the port request within 90 minutes of receiving the text message!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@black_panther  You can just port out your number . If you’re concerned because you need account number .and can’t sign in .  Know it can be done with just the IMEI number too . Just account number is more  smooth generally . 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@black_panther reply the message.  Sometimes it got missed on their side

Need Help? Let's chat.