cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First day with PM

FFL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi everyone,
I just joined PM today and while I can't say these last 6 hours have been great, I can't say it's terrible.
The things I enjoyed so far on PM is that my SIM was delivered today that was ordered on Tuesday right before midnight which I thought was not supposed to arrive (don't have to take a trip to downtown). Also porting my phone number over was painless. I started the process around 4pm thinking it would take about an hour since it's generally busier with people getting off work soon, it only took me 15 mins. Like I said, it's only been 6 hours so I don't have too many positive stories to tell.
However, here's the thing, I accidentally paid with my visa debit card and when I changed it to my visa credit in my account, it declined. Does PM not accept Visa? I'm a student so I don't have another credit card, in the process of getting a MasterCard though. The other thing I found was while at harbour centre in sfu's vancouver downtown campus, I could not get any reception in my classroom. The second I walked out, reception would return. I had friends sitting beside me from Telus that still had LTE reception. I've been in that exact same classroom with fido and Mobilicity(however I think they were also using Rogers lines at the time). I have a nexus 6p so I doubt it's my phone. Reception has been good everywhere else in the last 6 hours though.

And while I can't blame PM for this, I still don't like the fact that I lose reception in the skytrain tunnels by Granville and burrard. I know it's Rogers exclusive currently but I was so used to having reception in there haha.

Anyways, that's my first 6 hours with PM. Will update on anything else I find.
2 REPLIES 2

FFL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Interesting, I try again with my card later. I'm not sure why I have no reception in that classroom actually. I originally had 3g with no data in there then it died completely after going to the washroom. Outside of the classroom, I had LTE. I live in Surrey and will have class on sfu's surrey campus as well. I'll update if there's also any weird dead zones as well.

underperform
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I used my Visa credit card for the autopay option and there wasn't an issue for me. As for the reception, I had a brief signal loss in the afternoon while on the canada line in the tunnel, but it came back pretty quickly. I didn't think much of it since I just registered today and my phone number had a hard time getting ported over. Haven't had an issue with reception or data since then.

Need Help? Let's chat.