cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First Unread Posts

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Some of you might have noticed that when you click on an already read Bolded topic, it takes you to the post you never read yet, aka First Unread post. As long as i know, this used to only work from specific boards and not from the Latest post or solutions. So, not sure when this was changed, but it's fairly new.

So, if you don't know, here is what you will see:

When you click on a topic you never opened before, it will show you the very first post or original post (post #1). When you visit the community again and you see that someone replied to that topic because the topic title is bolded. When you click on it, it will show you the first unread post (post #2) directly. From there, you can scroll down if there were more replies you missed. 

I am glad they implemented this through out different sections (latest post or profile posts).

Give it a try 🙂

11 REPLIES 11

This next unread post seems to be failing for me now.

I have a feeling it's due to logging in and out on different computers / devices / etc... and cookies not being retained / updated correctly.  This frustrates me, as I used to be able to do exactly this, by opening separate tabs for each forum, then each 'newly added thread/post'.

Minor issue I know... but I've missed a bunch of me too posts today (thankfully)

@will13am wrote:

With the numerous bugs we encounter here, nothing is a surprise to me@ShawnC13 posted about how there is a new notification in the self serve portal telling customers not to worry about payments if auto pay is enabled.  I have been checking for it and so far the two accounts that have renewed, I have seen no such notification. 

lol, good old times never change, eh!

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I did a test and it works. Thanks, @NDesai!

I find I need to open forums into new tabs, switch to the new tab, open each new thread in its own new tab, read the tread, reply, etc.... and ensure I don’t loose active connection.

its been stable for months, but something has changed, as I had not seen this post at all until just now, and was taken to the end post immediately.

I have also noticed some improvements.

The Community used to mark all messages as already read after logging out, even if you never opened or read them.  That was super annoying as it meant that you had lost your place for when you went back later to keep reading.

@will13am@ wrote

@NDesai wrote:
@will13am wrote:

Edit:  The behavior is not repeatable.  Sometimes, even with unread threads, the landing spot is the last post rather than first. 

Weird, I land on the first post if the topic is read or opened for the first time. 

With the numerous bugs we encounter here, nothing is a surprise to me.  @ShawnC13 posted about how there is a new notification in the self serve portal telling customers not to worry about payments if auto pay is enabled.  I have been checking for it and so far the two accounts that have renewed, I have seen no such notification. 

We were told that was changed for everyone. Are you saying that you saw the usual RED suspended warning banner approximately around 9PM PST? If you can confirm that, may be we can report to the team and get them looked at. 

@NDesai wrote:
@will13am wrote:

Edit:  The behavior is not repeatable.  Sometimes, even with unread threads, the landing spot is the last post rather than first. 

Weird, I land on the first post if the topic is read or opened for the first time. 

With the numerous bugs we encounter here, nothing is a surprise to me.  @ShawnC13 posted about how there is a new notification in the self serve portal telling customers not to worry about payments if auto pay is enabled.  I have been checking for it and so far the two accounts that have renewed, I have seen no such notification. 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@NDesai wrote:

When you click on a topic you never opened before, it will show you the very first post or original post (post #1). When you visit the community again and you see that someone replied to that topic because the topic title is bolded. When you click on it, it will show you the first unread post (post #2) directly. From there, you can scroll down if there were more replies you missed.

I just tried both types of threads and they behaved exactly as @NDesai described.

@will13am wrote:

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Agree with @will13am.  When I clicked on this topic which I had not read, it took me to the last post, not the first.  Also noticing this behaviour with other topics/threads.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have noticed this new behavior recently.  It was kind of dumb being sent to the first post all the time. 

Need Help? Let's chat.