cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed number port during activation

cha0tik
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Porter number in from Koodo during activation, and it does not appear to have worked. The app hangs at the SUBSCRIPTION NOT ACTIVATED screen. I can't even try to get a new number for the SIM, and then port after, since that's the only screen I can see in the app.

I would really appreciate some help in getting this sorted, as I need to start using this plan next week. Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

cha0tik

I called the porting number and was told that the PM account isn’t activated yet aka it does not yet have a temporary mobile number attributed to it. So the porting folks are unable to do anything.

I was told that Online Customer Support should reset the activation on my account, assign a temporary number, and then finally port my current number over the temporary one. Now I’m waiting for CS Agent to get back to me regarding my ticket.

Unknowingly, my mistake was not opting for a temporary number in the app - I clicked on bring my own number and that seems to have caused a glitch, where the app is stuck at step 6.

Jpch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can i ask how to dm csa? What name do i address it to?

cha0tik

Is there a porting # I can call? I see other support threads where this solved the issue.

My credit card has been charged and upon testing the new SIM card, I can see it's active and has signal. It may have something to do with my previous carrier (Koodo) not sending a porting SMS to allow this to happen.

cha0tik

I have not attempted through a computer, as I am directed to the app. How may I attempt through a computer? I'd love to give that a shot.

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@cha0tik There is roughly a 48 hour delay with getting a response from customer service at the moment due to the overload of people signing up for Black Friday deals. Just keep monitoring your community inbox to make sure you get a response back 🙂

Otherwise, have you tried to perform the activation through a different device? IE: computer?

cha0tik

Thank you! I already sent a DM to CS Agent, but haven't heard back in a few hours unfortunately. Should I be expecting a response back today?

I would need to start using this sub the following week. Thanks in advance!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @cha0tik at this time, it is an activation problem and not porting.  Please submit ticket with CS agent and ask them to check 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.