cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Port

z781
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up for public mobile.  The port has failed.  My old sim card with bell is still active, and the new sim card with public will make outgoing calls but not receive incoming. 

I've PM'd the mods with no reply yet. 

I got a text from public stating I had to register online with them.  When I tried it said invalid sim card number.

What do I do next?

7 REPLIES 7

@z781 wrote:

A moderator said I needed to provide my ex providor pin number.. I wasn't aware I had one-- bell said it has nothing to do with porting.. it is for the sim card only.  It's been almost all day so far... still nothing.   Bell says there is nothing wrong from their end.    

We did this last week with my wifes phone from bell with no problems at all.

pin isn't needed for porting.  It is just one piece of information that can be used but not mandatory

The PIN need is not the one for your sim card nor your voicemail password.  It is a numeric password (usually 4 digits) used to speak to customer service.  If Bell never had one set up for you, there isn't any PIN that you can provide.  Just stick to account number, and only account number.

z781

I'm not sure they know what is going on.. they wanted the pin for my old providor-- which would be only for the old sim card which means nothing when porting.. here I am at the end of day 1 with no cell service still.  Awesome.  I did confirm with bell that there's no problem from their end.  

z781

Didn't work. Still no phone service..

z781

A moderator said I needed to provide my ex providor pin number.. I wasn't aware I had one-- bell said it has nothing to do with porting.. it is for the sim card only.  It's been almost all day so far... still nothing.   Bell says there is nothing wrong from their end.    

We did this last week with my wifes phone from bell with no problems at all.

killer23d
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you are porting from mobile to mobile, the port should take less than an hour to complete between major wireless carriers.

Please check your phone with PM SIM and what's the phone number it is showing? If you are porting to PM, a temporary number should be assigned to you until the port out is complete.

I would give Bell a call after 6 hours because most of the times the issue with porting is from the originating carrier. They may not have fully complete the port on their end so part of your number is working (SMS works, calls doesn't etc). Once Bell can confirm the port out is complete, then PM mod should be able to "refresh" your account and everything should work.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@z781

It takes a few hours to completely porting your number to PM.

You can continue to use your old SIM until it is dead.  Then, your number is completely ported to PM and you can use your new PM SIM then.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@z781 wrote:

I signed up for public mobile.  The port has failed.  My old sim card with bell is still active, and the new sim card with public will make outgoing calls but not receive incoming. 

I've PM'd the mods with no reply yet. 

I got a text from public stating I had to register online with them.  When I tried it said invalid sim card number.

What do I do next?

Sorry you are having trouble. If you just ported, it takes some time, every hour or so remove your battery / restart your phone. It can take time on your first port over and there can be weird issues for a short period of time. If the new card is partially working it makes sense you canno't re-register the sim as it must have partially worked if you can make out going calls with the PM sim.

If the issue continues you may have a partially completed port but most often ports just take a bit longer. One of the moderators will take a look, see if they need to do something to move it along since you already messaged them

They are really busy but working hard to respond to each inquiry. Support staff is small but that’s why this service is such low cost. Rest assured you WILL be taken care of.  For me, the extremely rare time I need a moderator to respond I have to wait but the rest of the time I save a lot of money. I save about $490 a year with public mobile so its worth it.

It typically should be within 48 hours.  No need to send multiple messages or it will just slow down the process unless you forgot to include your identity / pin number for verification then sending a second message (Click to send) will speed it up for you as the first response from them will be "who are you? " or "whats your pin?". 

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but send a message to the moderator team and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number and they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT)

For more information about contacting a moderator Click Here

Need Help? Let's chat.