cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FDN (Fixed Dial Number) in PM

doe
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi.

How many FDN (Fixed Dial Number) slots are there on PM SIM card?

Does PM provide provide PIN2 and PUK2 codes to use FDN?

@CS_Agent, please check this as well when you have time.

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9

Most people use it to restrict numbers (eg can only dial 416-XYZ assuming your company phones all have that XYZ exchange, or when giving a phone to kid so they can only call parents or restrricting long distance etc)

But on a prepay service (which has no overages etc) it seems weird to even ask to enable it

@sheytoon wrote:

@srlawren

Sorry, I have no idea what this is used for 😞

I will pitch in here

Telus uses 1234 as default pin2 so I would be willing to bet same code works on Public

Give it a try and report back

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Somebody has to wear the black hat in the crowd.  I can't say that I have been with this service forever.  It is a good chunk of the time after the Telus takeover.  I have never heard of anyone making a big deal out of FDN.  Since the mantra of this service is less for less, this feature is not consistent with the budget service offered here.  The customer base remains happy, notwithstanding.

Lg85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I did not know what FDN was either. Thank you for bringing it up. I guess you learn something new everyday:)

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@doe wrote:

Hi.

How many FDN (Fixed Dial Number) slots are there on PM SIM card?

Does PM provide provide PIN2 and PUK2 codes to use FDN?

@CS_Agent, please check this as well when you have time.

Thank you.

I was curious as well

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixed_Dialing_Number

@srlawren

Sorry, I have no idea what this is used for 😞

Great info! Thanks for sharing @srlawren

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite PIN2 is for locking down what numbers can be dialed from the phone (via FDN).  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fixed_Dialing_Number.  

@doe I have no idea if PM SIMs support this or not.  To be totally honest, does anyone need it in 2017 when you can lock your phone, requiring a PIN/Fingerprint/Face/etc to unlock and use at all?  

I can confirm that the FDN settings are available in my phone's dialer settings (OnePlus 5T on Android Nougat 7.1.1), but I am not going to muck about with them as I have no need for this feature.

Screenshot_20171224-141543.jpg

@sheytoon do you happen to know if PM supports FDN?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

You may ask the moderators anything. Your queries will certainly be bottom of every queue.

I have no idea about FDN but SIM cards may only have 1 number associated with them, and only 1 SIM per account.

PUKs are available if you lock your SIM and cannot remember the pin you set. All SIMs are unlocked when delivered. 

No idea what PIN2 is for.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.