cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exceeding data charge & international calling

devraj5698
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I go over my 1GB of data by let's say 100 mb, how much extra will I be charged?

Also if I didn't purchase any of the international add-ons but one day I call let's say India because of some emergency. How much will I be charged per minute?

5 REPLIES 5

So if having data just stop working a day or three before your plan renewal would be quite bad... you should repurchase a 1Gb data add-on which will kick in if needed. Likewise, if calling India suddenly is a possibility you should have that add-on in place ready to use.

The unused portion of both add-ons remains on your account until you eventually use it all up. So the only thing lost would be if you never use it at all.

AE_Collector

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @devraj5698 

The answer to both questions is ZERO...

... but not because there is no cost associated with 'exceeding' what's provided for in your plan, but because with Public Mobile, you have to arrange to pre-pay to ensure you have the necessary available funds to then add-on extras such as international calling and extra data use.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@devraj5698 wrote:

If I go over my 1GB of data by let's say 100 mb, how much extra will I be charged?

Also if I didn't purchase any of the international add-ons but one day I call let's say India because of some emergency. How much will I be charged per minute?

@devraj5698 you got two questions

1. when you used up your 1 GB, it will just stop.  
  2. if you don't have long distance to India, your call will not go through.

@devraj5698 wrote:

There are never extra charges that automatically occur at Public Mobile. If you run out of or haven't already paid for something, that part of the service doesn't work. To get more data or more long distance minutes, you would have to purchase an add-on.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@devraj5698 wrote:

$0 for both question .  PM is a prepaid service and do not have pay-per-use.  

You data will be stop working after you used all your 1GB data for the current cycle.  You need to buy data add-on, renew early or change plan immediately in order to continue to use data.

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change. Login to your account. Select the Plan and add-ons tab and click on the Change Plan button.
2. If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to create a moderator support ticket using the Chat button at the bottom right corner. Moderator wait time is couple hours to 2 days. If your next renewal date is up to 2 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $15 1GB data or $5 200MB data. Expensive option. This is a good option if you need a small amount of data occasionally. Data add-on does not have expiry date. Unused add-on data will be rolled over to next cycle.Please note that there is no refund of the unused days of your current billing cycle if (option 2) you renew your plan early with moderator assistant or (option 1) change plan now.

Need Help? Let's chat.