cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Everything transferred fine

Bpro80
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Not receiving sms messages, code for black Friday promo didn't work, charged full price.... Did I just jump on a broken ship? 

8 REPLIES 8

Bpro80

That's exactly what I did, I waited too long as well and didn't receive the text until the morning. After calling and being on hold for almost an hour, I got through to an agent. I still had to call my old provider though. Anyways! It'll be solved soon it looks like! And the agents we're awesome and put through the black Friday request as well! Woohoo! Lol

Stew

Yup I did the same thing 🤷‍♂️ 

Then I put my old sim back in the phone and waited. 
I liked this reply: 

(. @Bpro80 

Common mistake for new members by activating the new SIM and putting into their phone assuming the new SIM will work right away!

No, you are required to leave your old SIM in the phone then activate the new SIM on your computer. Your old accounts MUST be active so DON’T cancel service with your old carrier. Wait for the text from the old carrier (reason why you leave the old SIM in your phone). Reply to the text confirming with YES you are porting your number over to PM.

The porting process may take up to 90 minutes to complete but the old SIM will continue to work in the meantime.

Power off the phone (not turn off the screen or restarting the phone). Swap the old SIM with the PM SIM. Power the phone back on.

You should be ready to go using PM service)

@Bpro80 

Common mistake for new members by activating the new SIM and putting into their phone assuming the new SIM will work right away!

No, you are required to leave your old SIM in the phone then activate the new SIM on your computer. Your old accounts MUST be active so DON’T cancel service with your old carrier. Wait for the text from the old carrier (reason why you leave the old SIM in your phone). Reply to the text confirming with YES you are porting your number over to PM.

The porting process may take up to 90 minutes to complete but the old SIM will continue to work in the meantime.

Power off the phone (not turn off the screen or restarting the phone). Swap the old SIM with the PM SIM. Power the phone back on.

You should be ready to go using PM service.

So what step did you miss?

Bpro80

Thank you!

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Bpro80 

Check your email icon top right. I will send you a number for Telus you can call to discuss your port. They are closed now, but you can call tomorrow.

Bpro80

I did not receive a text from old provider no, I took out public mobile sim and put the old one back in, turned on and off a few times and no text. I'm not sure if I can receive calls, no way to verify at this time, I received one text from a contact but none from any of the others who said they are messaging me. 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Bpro80 

Contact an agent about the promo code not working when you activated:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Keep an eye on the envelope icon in top right hand corner for a reply from the agent.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Bpro80 

So you ported your number? Did you not get a text from your old provider to confirm the port…you would need your old sim in your phone. Can you receive calls and receive text? Is your old carrier account closed?

Need Help? Let's chat.